*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Adblue error

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Adblue error

Postby cowasaki » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 pm

My 3-4 month old Transit Ltd 130bhp L1,H1 has done 2488 miles. 480 of those on Sunday just gone. Anyway today I was driving it when a message "Exhaust filter cleaning" or similar came up. About a mile later the engine management light and amble lights came on with a message saying amble system failure and telling me that I had 497 miles before I couldn't start it again.....

I stopped at the shop about a mile later and rang the Ford dealer who was booking it in then said I could pop into the dealership as they were open until 6pm. When I came out of the shop the Adblue light had gone out and so had the message. When I went into "information" it said that the Adblue level was fine and that there were no warning messages! The engine management light was still on though. I then drove to Evans Halshaw getting there at 5pm to be told that the mechanics had finished and to try topping up the Adblue because Ford only put about 5l in. I went back out and got back into the van only to find that the engine management light had now gone out as well leaving no signs at all that something had gone wrong.

All the time that it appeared that something was wrong the van was running smoothly with no loss of power. I bought 5l of amble from Asda for £4.50 but it was p£$%ing it down so I haven't put it in yet.
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

Cowasaki's electrical tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166595
cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Adblue error

Postby Elecsafe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:21 am

Thanks for sharing this experience. I'm still waiting on delivery for my van, but are you saying that on delivery the 20L adblue tank only comes with 5L in it?
Elecsafe
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cowasaki » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:58 am

Elecsafe wrote:Thanks for sharing this experience. I'm still waiting on delivery for my van, but are you saying that on delivery the 20L adblue tank only comes with 5L in it?

Thats what they told me at the dealers
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jamesg5206 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:56 pm

I've had this happen twice now. Both time times all I had to do was let the van have the time to clean the filter, left it over night and all the engine management lights went off and the van is working fine.
Transit Custom 125 Trend SWB Panther Black 2014-2017 Transit Tourneo Custom 185 Agate Black Titanium X LWB 2019-
Transit Tourneo Custom 155 Titanium LWB Panther Back 2015-2019
Transit Custom 170 Limited SWB Shadow Black 2017-
Jamesg5206
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cowasaki » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Jamesg5206 wrote:I've had this happen twice now. Both time times all I had to do was let the van have the time to clean the filter, left it over night and all the engine management lights went off and the van is working fine.

Yes thats what mine has done but it's not good enough that this error comes up like that. They should have had a more meaningful and less worrying message.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom