*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

wiper problem on transit custom

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

wiper problem on transit custom

Postby deeker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:40 am

Hi Folks, hope you can help with advice here. Autoglass recently replaced the windscreen in my 62 plate Transit Custom with equivalent screen (rain sensor and forward camera). The guy did a good job, checked the wipers were working and left. A week or so later when it rained the wipers came on automatically, out of sync and crossed in the middle. They got stuck for a moment, then separated both went to the fully up position, paused and then synchronised and worked normally. This happened a few times that week, so i asked Autoglass to check, but sods-law the wipers worked perfectly when autoglass returned. Since then the repeat the fault occasionally, sometimes on the sensor, sometimes on manual wash wipe. But irritatingly not every time. I've called the local dealer, but they never call back. I'm therefore looking for advise as to the cause and correction. Many thanks.
deeker
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: wiper problem on transit custom

Postby loot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Well I'm glad to hear this (sorry) my custom was cat d and the screen not yet replaced but has a crack the entire length of the bottom of the screen, strangely the heated elements both work fully fine so I've not got around to replacing the screen.

My left wiper will rise up to the fully up position (on intermittent rain sense mode) then sit there until I turn wipers on fully or enough rain tells it to wipe again.

It never causes them to crash though, I was told that there are 3 dots on the screen that you adjust them to, but I'm not convinced.

I know that the wipers aren't physically linked so there must be something that tells each motor where the wiper is located. Not too hard really.

It is booked into Ford for a few bits and bobs including checking the wipers out, next weds.

I replaced the wiper that stands up because the bracket was broken and I got the whole thing cheap enough so I know it isn't a faulty motor.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Custom