*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

BCM and Water issue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

BCM and Water issue

Postby Stevec1 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:06 pm

Evening, will make this as short as possible.
Ford tourneo 2020 plate. Had windscreen replaced April 2023.
Water ingress into bcm august this year. First hint was water drips onto my feet in drivers side.
Broke down all electrics not working due to bcm have water damage.
Ford replaced bcm but leak still there, they reckon it was due to a roof rack being taken off but I have it assessed and that there is nothing to suggest that and have now had the windscreen re replaced and still have the leak.
Suggested by what I am reading could be the water pump issue?? Anyone heard of that.
Not sure what to do now as still got water dripping in and will only end up with the bcm failing again.
Am stuck and ford have been useless!!!!
Stevec1

Re: BCM and Water issue

Postby aldervai » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:36 pm

Hi, I think I have a similar issue. Water ingress from somewhere that is causing a BCM hissy fit. It's freaking out all my electrics. Pretty sure it'll need a new BCM. Out of curiosity, how much did Ford charge for that? I've got it booked into the dealer next week. I've also checked a bunch of things like the roof rack etc, but can't find any issue there. Original windscreen too. Will keep you updated if I find anytyhing.
aldervai
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cryptostu » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:58 am

Do it yourself.

Strip out bcm
Check code on it
Buy same on ebay (used)
Get a mobile guy to come program it or find a programer on ebay & post off both units.
Then plugin to van/mpv
And off you go...

Save a mint.

You might need forscan for minor adjustments.
Cryptostu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ShropshireMTB » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:36 pm

Hi mate Had the same problem a while back and ended up having to replace the BCM due to water damage.

The leak was coming from the roof bars. Ford weren’t very helpful at all - ended up tracing the leak myself.

Here’s the link to my original thread viewtopic.php?f=65&t=222286&p=1794121&hilit=Water+ingress#p1793334

Hope it helps.
ShropshireMTB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby aldervai » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:33 pm

Hey, did you manage to find the source of your leak? I'm stuck for mine. Definitely not the roof bars, and the windscreen actually looks ok. Going to do a pour test later and see what that shows up.
aldervai
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby sherwoodcycles » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:20 am

On some models there are issues with water working it's water up the wiring loom onto the plugs. From memory I think k it was something to do with the screenwash - but do some searching and your read about it.
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom