Transitmania 9 @Santa Pod 23rd - 24th September 2017 Click here for details!

Mk5 SWB Transit for sale £650 ono

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Mk5 SWB Transit for sale £650 ono

Postby jimmy ts mom » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:09 pm

FOR SALE £650 ono

1994 Ford Transit Mk5. MOT December 2016 so can be driven away with insurance in your name and road tax sorted as currently on SORN. Mileage 110000 ish, cambelt was done at about 96000. V5 in my name. I've owned for nearly four years and it's been solidly reliable for all that time and only used as my "car" so not worked hard. I'm only selling as I've inherited a more modern van.

Bad points: It's a Mk5 Transit so rust, of course! Hole in the driver's step, passenger door pretty bad, all four arches need replacing. Last MOT it was good underneath but that was last year. "Grumble" on full lock, not investigated. Rear drums will bind if it's left parked with the handbrake on. Clutch bites a bit close to the floor. Window winder missing on the passenger side. One key that fits the ignition and driver's door,will lock the passenger door but not unlock it, ditto the back door, side loader replaced so

Good points: It's a Mk5 Transit so the engine will go on and on. This one's fairly low mileage, always good to start, even on cold mornings. Side loader is pretty tidy. Interior grubby but not horribly knocked about. No major dents on the rest of the panels. No smoke or horrible noises. And it's got a cup holder!

Now, to the rest of what comes with it:

Tow bar but no ball or electrics. Needs painting.
Tailgate (with the bits to fit if I can find them!)
Tourneo cab carpet
Repair panel for driver's side barn door
Tailgate glass (some sort of plexiglass in there at the moment)
Sliding glass window to go in the side loader
Small steering wheel and boss to fit. Might be Mountney. Tatty. Plus Airbag steering wheel minus air bag, also tatty
Electric window kit with two driver and two passenger door cards. There should be enough to make one full set of electric windows including switches.
Cosworth Granada driver's seat fitted but not wired in. Not in perfect condition as it's been used for quite a lot of miles. Still very comfy!
Cosworth Granada passenger seat (not fitted), very clean apart from a few storage marks. Won't say if either work so no guarantees.
5 spare steel wheels, one has a virtually new tyre on, although a different size to what's fitted to the van.
Four Tourneo alloys fitted, centre caps all present, good tyres with loads of tread. Wheels have been painted black, look nice and tidy. Less than 5000 miles on all four tyres.

All of this comes as a job lot with the van. I WILL NOT sell separately. You want any of these bits, you take the van as well. I want it gone, I can't deliver as it's on SORN and I'm not interested in any sort of part exchange.

I'm based in North Shropshire. I've come to start it this morning and the battery's flat (!) so I can't get better pics of the rest until it's been charged. I don't have wifi at home at the mo so if you want any more info, message or call me on 07493 715900 or 01939 200297.

jimmy ts mom
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transits For Sale