Transitmania 9 @Santa Pod 23rd - 24th September 2017 Click here for details!

1989 SWB Transit Popular

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

1989 SWB Transit Popular

Postby -taff » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Ok, if you want this van you'd better be prepared to be doing a lot of body work, although you do have 4 months MOT until the end of April.
I don't have the expertise, time or money to repair it any more, I can't weld or spray so it's been rough and ready filler and can spray paint for years.
The wheel arches need replacing, the back door too. The engine though is totally bulletproof, 217,000 odd miles, two batteries, one as a backup.

Any questions, just ask. Located in Wiltshire.

My father hd this van from new when he worked, he bought it at 3 years old when he left, and I've had it since 2007 so it's been owned by two people for it's entire history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-taff

Re: 1989 SWB Transit Popular

Postby stevo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Looks pretty solid. Becoming a classic now, is it not worth having it done up and keeping?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Formely ibanez2005

Your's is the new Ford Transit!

2003 100 T260 TDDi swb
stevo
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby rimotu66 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:34 pm

-taff wrote:Ok, if you want this van you'd better be prepared to be doing a lot of body work, although you do have 4 months MOT until the end of April.
I don't have the expertise, time or money to repair it any more, I can't weld or spray so it's been rough and ready filler and can spray paint for years.
The wheel arches need replacing, the back door too. The engine though is totally bulletproof, 217,000 odd miles, two batteries, one as a backup.

Any questions, just ask. Located in Wiltshire.

My father hd this van from new when he worked, he bought it at 3 years old when he left, and I've had it since 2007 so it's been owned by two people for it's entire history.

And the price is :?: :?: :?:
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby nedforceone » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Looks abit heavy at the back. N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive collage blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 200,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
nedforceone
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby darkbluevanman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 pm

F reg transit... looks not too bad on the top..... oh the f%$£ing nightmares!
dullbluevanman wrote:
Ask nob nosher mike why he blocked me from his facebook page.

Mike wrote:
^^^^Err, cause you're a cock :wink: .

dullbluevanman wrote:
Odd, thought they were your favourites?
darkbluevanman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby -taff » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:56 am

Make me an offer :) [more than the scrap value]

The back has wooden bunks, both sides, wih another piece of wood that slots in to make a large bed. It's all been fitted by my father and it was done when he left work, so it's not pretty, but it is functional.
I'll put some more pics up after, but believe me, the van bodywork is rusty, the back doors will need replacing.
As I've said, I don't have the knowledge or expertise to do it. I don't want to get rid of it, it's totally reliable, but I'm sick of scraping the inside of the windscreen when I need to defrost it, and it stinks of damp. Add that to the costs of just basic maintenance, and it all goes out the window.
I have a reconditioned alternator for it as well - the original was replaced about 4 years ago with a new one, but I'd already bought the reconditioned one from the breakers.
-taff

Postby redone » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Did this sell? be interested to know price as it's very similar to my '89 1.6 semi hi-top, or can anyone give me a rough valuation.
redone
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transits For Sale