Transitmania 9 @Santa Pod 23rd - 24th September 2017 Click here for details!

2006 Transit T280/85, 170k, well looked after

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

2006 Transit T280/85, 170k, well looked after

Postby bolton_paul » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Standard 2006 (June) / 06 Ford Transit T280/85, SWB, low roof.

170k miles, MOT until 28th Jun. 2017.

I've owned this van for over 4 years, since October 2012 @ 137k miles, and it's been great - very reliable, never let me down.

Only for sale as a change of work including more rush-hour commuting meant I wanted an auto (which I now have), I had no intentions of selling it otherwise!

I've looked after it properly whilst I've had it :

June 2014 - Serviced at garage @ 152k miles
May 2015 - Serviced at garage @ 159k mile
June 2015 - Full respray in ice white (no reason apart from it had faded to cream and was looking a bit scruffy, looks so much better now!)
October 2016 - Serviced at garage @ 168k miles

Plus other bits and pieces, see paperwork in photo.

Had two brand new winter tyres fitted to the front in October, have only done 2k miles, and had two full new sills at last MOT as there was a bit of corrosion so I went the whole hog to 'future proof' it (like I say, I wasn't planning on selling it...!).

Has a Motorola Bluetooth hands-free kit, properly fitted and linked to the stereo.

Also has a second leisure battery in the back, fed from an intelligent dual-charging system, professionally fitted. This did feed a 2kw inverter (seen in photos) but this stopped working and I didn't replace it (fed a 240v socket in the cab) - may repair or easy swap out.

Elec. heated mirrors (work fine), armrest to drivers seat, twin passenger seat, CD stereo.

Remote central locking which operates all doors and they all lock, unlock, open and close fine (apart from passenger door can be tricky to open from the outside occasionally).

Ply lined in the back with strong timber racking (easily removed if not required).

Drives without issue, always starts immediately every time, no known faults that I'm aware of (apart from speed / rev counter / temp. gauge sometimes stop working, a swift tap on the top of the binnacle usually brings them back, I think it's a common problem at this mileage) - was used all day, every day for work up until a couple of weeks ago.

Bodywork is very good, looks like a newer van with the bright white paintwork and updated wheel trims.

Interior is decently clean / tidy with no rips / major wear and tear and everything works.

Obviously it's a 10+ year old working Transit so from 6 feet away it's great, from 6 inches away you'll find loads of tiny marks, little bits of rust, etc.

Be realistic for the age / mileage / price and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

I bought it from this forum at a decent price when I got it so I'm advertising it back on here at what I think is a good price of £1,500 (no offers) for a quick cash sale, I think it's worth every penny compared to what else I've seen out there.

If there's no takers I'll have to put it on ebay and would hope to get more but thought I'd offer it here first.

Van is located in Bolton, Lancs.

Cheers.

(P.S. I have more pictures but it would only let me upload 5)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bolton_paul

Re: 2006 Transit T280/85, 170k, well looked after

Postby bolton_paul » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Price dropped to £1,250.
bolton_paul

Re: 2006 Transit T280/85, 170k, well looked after

Postby bolton_paul » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:42 am

SOLD.
bolton_paul

Return to Transits For Sale