Transitmania 9 @Santa Pod 23rd - 24th September 2017 Click here for details!

Transit 2.5 Turbo Diesel Campervan Conversion - MOT failure

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Transit 2.5 Turbo Diesel Campervan Conversion - MOT failure

Postby MikePMC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Transit 190 TD - Long Wheel Base, High Top converted camper van.

I'm reluctantly selling my camper conversion as it's no longer in use. It has now failed the MOT on welding and I have been quoted almost £400 to get it sorted.

I've owned it for almost 5 years and it's been a great servant. Mechanically, it's in great condition other than the usual rust which has now caused the MOT failure. Engine and gearbox in great running order. Rusty arches as usual but the marks shown in the pictures are the residue from the trees where it's been parked for so long. It washes off easily! :)

It has the usual 3 travelling seats, the rear seats fold out into a double bed and the rear compartment can be either used as a small bunk (or 2) or 3 shelves of storage (accessible from the front).

The cam belt was replaced about 2 years ago and the only mechanical issues I've had was a cracked exhaust manifold, again replaced about 2 years ago.

It's done under 120,000 miles and spent the first part of it's life as a police van before being converted. It is registered with DVLA as a Motor Caravan, not a van and is a class 4 vehicle now.

It has a tow bar fitted with working electrics.

I would prefer that this go to someone with the skills to get it back on the road and the passion to use it as it makes a great weekend camper. Unfortunately I do not have the time or the knowledge to do this and I am very reluctant to scrap it as other than the rust, it's a great runner. I've been offered money for the engine/box but I prefer to see it go in one piece as a project for someone.

If you are interested in it, let me know.

Thanks,

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MikePMC

Re: Transit 2.5 Turbo Diesel Campervan Conversion - MOT fail

Postby 1976lwb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

is this still for sale?
1976lwb
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MikePMC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:13 pm

I've sold it, but I'm still waiting for it to be picked up. If you send me your email address in a PM, I can let you know when my patience runs out. Are you looking to restore or for parts?
MikePMC

Postby 1976lwb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 pm

sent you a pm buddy
1976lwb
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby 1976lwb » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Has this sold on ebay now?
1976lwb
Transit Aficionado