Transitmania 9 @Santa Pod 23rd - 24th September 2017 Click here for details!

MK5 230 LWB 2.5L diesel turbo minibus, 9 passenger

Sell all Transit Vans, Pickups, New and Old Here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

MK5 230 LWB 2.5L diesel turbo minibus, 9 passenger

Postby phototraveler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 am

Some of you may recall that I put my Tranny minibus up for sale last year, but continued to use it for ferrying my American clients around on tours in mainland Europe and the UK.

Then when heading back to London from the Lake District in June the belts came off and I had to continue in another van, leaving the Tranny with a dealer near Wigan.

Anyway, the van is being repaired at a garage near Wigan this week, and will be available in a few days. Here's what you need to know if you're interested . . .

|+ 1997, P704 GOK reg, Ford Transit Hi-Cube, 230 LWB, Mark 5
|+ Diesel turbo, 2496cc
|+ New radiator, water pump and belts being installed this week
|+ Two new Bosch batteries last year. The second battery is for auxiliary purposes
|+ Bosch manual fuel pump installed in 2015. The Epic fuel that was removed is in the van storage area
|+ New wipers last year
|+ 7 good tyres including spare. Bolt to lower spare wheel sheared off by 'ace' garage, and needs a fix. Tranny has twin rear wheels.
|+ Windscreen new circa 2010, and still in immaculate condition
|+ New starter and alternator circa 2014
|+ The floor, doors, foot-wells and bonnet have been soundproofed as far as possible using Dynamat and Flashband, plus expanding foam under the bonnet
|+ Drives very, very well, with motorway cruising speed - even with 8 passengers with one large suitcase and two small bags each - is a comfortable 68 to 72 mph. Top speed is 78 mph. Only on steep inclines will the van show signs of dissent!
|+ Starts first time, every time
|+ Serviced annually despite only being used for 2 to 3 months each year
|+ The MOT expires on May the 4th, 2017
|+ It is untaxed as I filed a SORN several months ago
|+ Mileage: The speedo reads 228,710K [142,144 miles], but it ceased working when the fuel pump was replaced in 2015. I estimate I've done 8,000 miles since then, so the estimated mileage is 150,144. It passed the MOT last May in this condition.
|+ Van kept under covered storage from June/July though to April/May each year since 2006
|+ Air-con - front - unit gave out two years ago and not working.
|+ Air-con - rear - Waco EasyCool air-con unit roof mounted circa 2012 but air-con currently not working. Heat and fresh air from same unit is very good. Needs an experienced techie to adjust it, and will also will work with an a/c feed on say a campsite.
|+ 240v power supply in the rear cabin
|+ Curtains, navy blue, over side windows
|+ Storage racks above passenger seats
|+ Storage above driver and front passenger area
|+ Rear storage area separated from passenger cabin with a wooden 'grid' and aluminium cross-bars
|+ Side window added to sliding door circa 2010
|+ Video screen and DVD/Radio/VCD/CD/MP4/MP3 player, with front and rear speakers
|+ Cruise control. Disconnected from accelerator pedal by mechanic while removing Epic fuel pump and installing a Bosch in 2015. Just needs reattaching to the pedal that came with the Bosch unit.
|+ Ceiling lights, 3 units with duel 12" fluorescent tubes
|+ Carpeted walls and ceiling
|+ Manually retractable side passenger door step
|+ Cobra alarm system. Also central locking, but the driver's door is currently independent of both the central locking and alarm system and needs a new 'plunger' type lock to make it compatible with both the Cobra and central locking systems.
|+ Circa 2011, both side sills treated and painted at a body shop in Sutton Coldfield
|+ New front offside wing installed in Gosport circa 2013
|+ I am only the second owner. The previous owner was Wolverhampton County Council.

Price = £1,800 as is.

The van will probably be available later this week after the radiator, water pump and belts have been installed. As I'll be in the US until May the 24th, payment can be made via my business website. Buyer will be provided with the link.

Location of the van is at a garage on the outskirts of Wigan who are currently doing the above-described repairs. If you need the van delivered to anywhere in the country I can recommend http://www.deliveryquotecompare.com . I used that site last year to return the rental van I got following the M6 breakdown.

For those interested, I can arrange viewing at the garage this week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'97 Transit LWB hi-cube | 2.5L Diesel Turbo | 9-seater | Cruise control | Twin rear wheels | DVD/Stereo/16" Screen | Driver certified . . . or should be

phototraveler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: MK5 230 LWB 2.5L diesel turbo minibus, 9 passenger

Postby drew mc loone » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Im only new to this site . Is this van-bus still for sale . and can i have a number thanks.
drew mc loone

Re: MK5 230 LWB 2.5L diesel turbo minibus, 9 passenger

Postby phototraveler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:33 pm

UPDATE on my '2.5L turbo missus' for the last 10 years. She has been sold.

:( :cry: :?
'97 Transit LWB hi-cube | 2.5L Diesel Turbo | 9-seater | Cruise control | Twin rear wheels | DVD/Stereo/16" Screen | Driver certified . . . or should be

phototraveler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transits For Sale