*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 150 swb

Need a Tranny! Post Here!

Moderator: Luke

Mk5 150 swb

Postby Kestrel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,
Looking for a mk5 150 swb with medium roof but low considered (for those who aren't sure it's the 6 stud one). Condition; sound chassis and non-smokey engine otherwise anything considered. I'm in the Manchester area.
Thanks
Kes
Mk5 2.5 TD 150 swb minibus, semi roof, twin sliding doors.
Kestrel
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk5 150 swb

Postby Mr RVM » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 am

A desirable model that one :!: seen 2 for sale up here lately but both were crap :( might have been able to make one good one from the pair but lot of work and too much money (they were both £450) so would not have been a cheap van :!:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Kestrel » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi, thanks for the bump. I had one as a minibus with twin sld, sold it but sooo wish I hadn't now :(
Missed one in Wales for £370, somebody from Bristol beat me to it (I was slow off the mark, shot myself in the foot really because the seller was going to hold it for me whilst i tried to arrange transport but I told him not to in case I couldn't get sorted) needed a steering rack and usual tlc. I'm not bothered what condition panels are in etc. as long as chassis is sound and it has a good engine and box.

So if anybody has one that you think is beyond economical repair, please bear me in mind, I do most of my own repairs so it may just be within my budget.
Cheers for looking
Kes
Kestrel
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Kestrel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi,
Still looking, found 2; 1 in Swindon (due to sellers personal circumstances, he's unable to complete the sale), the other in the North East (had lots of welding to the floor and rear cross member but not yet had the wings and arches done). Both similarly priced at £600 and £650 with the latter having 10 mnths MOT.
Going to try and wait a bit longer for other examples to come along (set benchmark with the one that got away at £371) but it seems I'm competing with exporters!
If you guys see one looking sorry for itself please let me know.
Cheers
Kes
Kestrel
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Kestrel » Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 am

Woot!! Found one......the SWB Transit 150, semi high roof with a windowed side door (bonus), 100k on the clock, no welding required (believe it when I see it lol):D
Picking her up a week on Monday; she's ripe for a full make-over so watch this space for progress pics.
Going to be looking for a few items, only thing for sure right now is a 3 seat (belted) bench. the rest i will decide when after she arrives and I can have another look at what's needed. If not already fitted I'll be looking for door electrics and electric mirrors.
Regards
Kes
Kestrel
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transits Wanted