*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tranny wanted

Need a Tranny! Post Here!

Moderator: Luke

Tranny wanted

Postby Chopper » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:41 pm

Hi, hope you can help me. I'm a Transit novice (sorry!) but am looking to buy one in the next few weeks. I'm not mechanically minded at all so am a bit worried about getting ripped off - hopefully you might be able to help me.

I'm looking for a van that'll get me to (and around) the World Cup this summer. I'm gonna whack a mattress in the back and off I go!! I don't want a camper van, just a normal tranny that i can park in the street without much hassle.

I guess I'm looking to spend about £1500-2500 but really just want a reliable van that I can sell on for a small loss after the WC.
Have you guys got any advice on what to look for and where to buy?

I was thinking of trying for a van under 10 years old and under 90K (so it's still under 100K when i come to sell) - does that sound sensible?
Chopper

Re: Tranny wanted

Postby cmmaidment » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:23 pm

Chopper wrote:Hi, hope you can help me. I'm a Transit novice (sorry!) but am looking to buy one in the next few weeks. I'm not mechanically minded at all so am a bit worried about getting ripped off - hopefully you might be able to help me.

I'm looking for a van that'll get me to (and around) the World Cup this summer. I'm gonna whack a mattress in the back and off I go!! I don't want a camper van, just a normal tranny that i can park in the street without much hassle.

I guess I'm looking to spend about £1500-2500 but really just want a reliable van that I can sell on for a small loss after the WC.
Have you guys got any advice on what to look for and where to buy?

I was thinking of trying for a van under 10 years old and under 90K (so it's still under 100K when i come to sell) - does that sound sensible?

Hi,

Yes I have 98/R plate transit 80 swb,shr in blue for sale. Only done 69k and drives like a dream! New timing belt 20k ago fully serviced every 8k ideal for what you want it to do. Only looking for £1750 however I am in Scotland!!!!
cmmaidment
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transits Wanted