*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 spares in France

Clear out your shed! Advertise your parts here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

Mk5 spares in France

Postby Aardvark » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am

The Great White Whale is heading to the breakers leaving me with a ton of spares to shift. Its a 1999 lwb high top (right hand drive) with the non-turbo banana lump (runs on one cylinder).

I have new body panels as follows. Front wings, front inner wings, front wheel arches, back door bottom repair panels, and a panel that goes from the
edge of the (RHD) side loader opening back to the rear corner seam. It starts at the side loader track to the bottom of the van, including the arch.
This panel is exclusive to the lwb single wheel model only. All the other arches are slightly different and the panel overall is shorter on the swb models.

I have a wide selection of misc. spares, some new in the box- ie. steering ball joints, wheel bearings, brake pads, water pump, fan belts, etc. There are a few items that have only recently been
fitted to the van which I can let go but I will need a similar item in exchange to keep the van mobile enough to get it to the breaker. These items include-
a new steering wheel, new radiator, decent front single seats with armrests, glass headlamps (LHD), and of course the 6-stud wheels with good tyres.
Also have a seat swivel unit for the single passenger seat.

Now I've got you salivating, here's the bad news. All this stuff is in Brittany, France and will have to be collected. Put Plougonver into Google Maps to see exactly where.
I can't pack and post anything because the prices here would make your hair curl.
So if anyone is planning a trip to France for some other reason and will be coming via Plymouth about 1 hour from here, or St. Malo about 1 3/4 hours away you could bag a few bargains.
Learning to love rust.........
Aardvark
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Mk5 spares in France

Postby Aardvark » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Just thought of a couple more items. A sliding side window, the one that fits into the side loader. A new clutch cable.
And tins of primer, diamond white paint, and cellulose thinners for the new panels.
Aardvark
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby pete_the_4x4 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:07 am

Genuine or patten parts ? I fancy a road trip
if you think my van is dirty you should see my pants
pete_the_4x4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Aardvark » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:14 am

As far as I know they are all pattern parts. If I was rich and Ford kept stock for 18 year old vans I just might insist on the real thing.
The front wings and arches have gone but I still have all the other stuff. The nice passenger seat and the nearly new steering wheel might
be going this weekend.
Aardvark
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Aardvark » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:32 am

Front wings and arches have now gone.
Aardvark
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee