*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

How to add factory cruise on a mk7 transit no pics

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

How to add factory cruise on a mk7 transit no pics

Postby loot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Pre requisites.
1. high spec body control module (bcm) please note that you can't simply swap the bcm over because it is coded to your van pats, you need ford ids or equivalent and you need to go into pats functions and initialize bcm which requires incodes/outcodes.
you then need to program your ignition key/s, i was told you need 2 keys to do this but actually you only need 1.
incodes can be obtained free from here :- http://www.autokeyprog.com 8)
register on a laptop as you need access to your spam in email and also get the pop up which i couldn't get on my phone :?
I will assume you know how to do this so won't go into too much detail there.

There are 3 variants A/B/C, according to bemm, you'll need a C variant, if you look at the above image in the part number you'll see mine says CG, the last letter shouldn't matter as long as you have C-.
To remove the bcm, remove the glove box which you pull the left/right tabs inwards at the top once opened and it'll drop right down.

You gently pull the bottom and it will pop off.
Next lower the front fusebox, again it has 2 tabs at the top which you push outwards and it'll drop down.
Next make sure that the ignition is off and then undo the bcm power connector, it is a 2 pin affair lower left of the bcm, that will isolate the bcm, you can then remove the remaining connectors which have tabs and levers to unlock them.
Lastly remove the bcm carefully, the clip is located at the bottom and in the middle, you can flip it with 1 hand while gently pulling the bcm at the bottom, it'll just come out.
refitting is in reverse order and power cable last.

2. Transit/focus cmax steering wheel with cruise buttons.
No description required really, it looks the same as yours but has silver trims and cruise buttons.

3. 2 wires with Ford terminal ends.(make 5 if you plan on adding the trip stalk 2 for CC@3ft approx and 3 for trip @1ft approx.
These are located at the bcm connectors C3 C4 and C6 for example,just cut them with as much wire as you can get but 6in will do fine.(check that your breaker will allow you to do this tho as i'm sure handing them a handfull of their wiring loom and saying loot told me to do it,may not stand favorably and you may get introduced to knuckles the 7ft car crusher!)
dedicated solder workstation :o
The individual connectors simply unclip from their outer cover to reveal the actual connector, then use a small nail or screwdriver and poke the silver bit of the terminal end in the connector, it is a raised bit that stops the terminal coming out by itself, you need to do it twice as there are 2 ridges, used my iron while cold.
The wires need to reach from the steering wheel squib to the bcm through the dash board, you can feed through by the heater control panel etc.

4. plugging your wires in to the sqib and bcm.
pin outs are:- clockspring C1 pin 4(scm return)original orangeyellow to bcm C6 pin 40(speed control ground.
pin 5(scmsignal)original orange to bcm C6 pin 26 (speed control signal.
bcm connector, lift flap at the side and slide out green connector, below you can see th pin 26 and 40.
here is the squib connector, just nip the middle clip and pull it out, pin 4 and 5 as shown, you need to pull the tab on the side away slightly to be able to remove the cables but you should be able to push the 2 terminals straight in,so check and double check the pin/wires before inserting. :wink:

5. Modified software to enable.
If you Contact vantuner. he'll give you advice based on the level of requirements you have, with the software mod you can have any function you like installed,that requires the relevant wiring and modules but atleast you can plan ahead 8)
:D
nb some of the images look cut off but if you hold/right click and view image you'll see it properly, that is if you are in prosilver on the forum rather than subsilver.
if i have missed anything please let me know.
link to main thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137426
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Re: How to add factory cruise on a mk7 transit+pics

Postby HARRYSPADGE » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 pm

So Loot, if I get a C version of the BCM do I need to replace the software in it to match my vehicle, or is it a case of just modifying the configuration parameters ?
I was watching a CG version from a 61 plate on eBay but some bugger has bought it today :|
HARRYSPADGE
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:25 pm

:lol: sorry mate i didn't know, rumble was asking about 1 today and i told him that there was a cg one on eBay which he bought. :wink:
As for software, as far as i know, yes you will need it installing to get it working correctly on your van.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby ME » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 am

Or tick the right box when ordering a Van from the factory. Much Easier :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mercedes Vimto Premium
ME
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby HARRYSPADGE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 am

ME wrote:Or tick the right box when ordering a Van from the factory. Much Easier :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And a damn site more expensive :wink:
It's much more fun, and interesting, doing it this way :wink:
HARRYSPADGE
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ME » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:01 am

HARRYSPADGE wrote:
ME wrote:Or tick the right box when ordering a Van from the factory. Much Easier :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I very much doubt that its cheaper once all the bits have been purchased, and time taken into consideration.

Loot, How much did the bits needed cost (inc IDS) and how many Man Hours have you put into this on its own ?
Mercedes Vimto Premium
ME
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby HARRYSPADGE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 am

ME wrote:
HARRYSPADGE wrote:

I very much doubt that its cheaper once all the bits have been purchased, and time taken into consideration.

Loot, How much did the bits needed cost (inc IDS) and how many Man Hours have you put into this on its own ?

Your own time doesn't really matter though, does it ?
It depends what type of person you are, and don't forget, not everyone bought there vehicle brand new so if someone wants to add it on then they now know how to :roll:
HARRYSPADGE
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:11 am

Not 15 grand that's for sure :lol:

Man hours, is my hobby so not a problem
Ids pays for itself and was bought just because i own a retched mk7.
Bcm 95
Clocks 65
Stalk 13
Temp sensor 13

I'm more satisfied having done it this way because i understand how the bcm etc works and feel confident I'm better equipped to deal with future faults that occur, plus it was a nice project that 6 months ago would've been laughed at, at the mere mention of jail breaking a transit. :lol:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Rumble bee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:24 am

HARRYSPADGE wrote:So Loot, if I get a C version of the BCM do I need to replace the software in it to match my vehicle, or is it a case of just modifying the configuration parameters ?
I was watching a CG version from a 61 plate on eBay but some bugger has bought it today :|

:oops:
Rumble bee
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby HARRYSPADGE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Rumble bee wrote:
HARRYSPADGE wrote:So Loot, if I get a C version of the BCM do I need to replace the software in it to match my vehicle, or is it a case of just modifying the configuration parameters ?

:oops:

Aha, you were the bugger that bought it :lol:
Fair doos, I knew I should have bought it when I saw it, especially knowing what a hot topic this all is :D
HARRYSPADGE
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Tango330 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:56 pm

I've said it before, but I'll say it again Loot Mate, absolutely stonking effort :!:

I'm sure you've answered a lot of peoples questions here, not to mention all the help you've given on the clocks thread :)

Thanks for the advice and help :wink: you've given me as well :D
T330 RWD now sold
Ford Ranger Wildtrack now sold

MI 5 sacked me from my job as an interrogator this morning, didn't like to ask why :?
Tango330
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby loot » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Tango330 wrote:I've said it before, but I'll say it again Loot Mate, absolutely stonking effort :!:

I'm sure you've answered a lot of peoples questions here, not to mention all the help you've given on the clocks thread :)

Thanks for the advice and help :wink: you've given me as well :D

07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby V184 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Fantastic, will this work with the Bosch 'cable' pump conversion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby loot » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 pm

V184 wrote:Fantastic, will this work with the Bosch 'cable' pump conversion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to my garage with a toffee hammer I'll let you know.
:lol: :lol:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby V184 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 pm

loot34 wrote:
V184 wrote:Fantastic, will this work with the Bosch 'cable' pump conversion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to my garage with a toffee hammer I'll let you know.
:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: on a serious note i think cruise is the best 'extra' you can have.
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits