*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transitmania 8 - dates booked

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Re: Transitmania 8 - dates booked

Postby transitandy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:59 am

I rang Cheryl this morning and we are on two fields and that's the way it is for this year basically.
I'm just glad to be going :D 8)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wronghole » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:50 pm

mealic wrote:
wronghole wrote:So what's the crack ,are we on puddleduck or do we have to ring for confirmation ? . Having already booked do l we need to change our field?????? :?

I would say that it is advisable to contact Billing and change the reservation, especially if you have booked a hook up.

Just spoke with Cheryl, what a nice lady she is . l changed my booking from Puddle duck to Teal Meadow (standard pitch) and as l booked back in June on line using the discount code l was still charged £69 for three nights . She is trying to sort out a bit of a rebate for me :D bless..
My main concern is that certain members on this forum have been unnecessarily abusive on the phone accusing Cheryl of not doing her job ect. :evil:
As a result l have advised Cheryl to join the forum so she can sort any further problems we may or may not experience. :mrgreen: .
I hope lm not stepping on anybody's toes here if so tough :lol:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:34 pm

:lol: no cheryl is welcome on here :D - the problem is Transitmania has grown quite a bit and most of the people who attend don't come on the forum so it's difficult to get the message out :|
Luke
Site Admin

Postby transitandy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:22 pm

wronghole wrote:
mealic wrote:
wronghole wrote:So what's the crack ,are we on puddleduck or do we have to ring for confirmation ? . Having already booked do l we need to change our field?????? :?

I would say that it is advisable to contact Billing and change the reservation, especially if you have booked a hook up.

Just spoke with Cheryl, what a nice lady she is . l changed my booking from Puddle duck to Teal Meadow (standard pitch) and as l booked back in June on line using the discount code l was still charged £69 for three nights . She is trying to sort out a bit of a rebate for me :D bless..
My main concern is that certain members on this forum have been unnecessarily abusive on the phone accusing Cheryl of not doing her job ect. :evil:
As a result l have advised Cheryl to join the forum so she can sort any further problems we may or may not experience. :mrgreen: .
I hope lm not stepping on anybody's toes here if so tough :lol:

Anybody who is being abusive to someone who's trying to help us is outrageous and billing could pull the plug :roll: :wink:
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mealic » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:00 pm

I have contacted Cheryl at the booking office and offered my apologies if they are necessary, for any abuse that may have been aimed at her or the organisation within their offices. Cheryl and the team have a good telephone manner and seem pretty thick skinned, but this sort of manner from people that are possibly forum members or not cannot be tolerated.
I can ,however understand the frustration when booking ,as I have found out personally during the last few years how awkward it can be especially as the booking offices are so far away from the Billing complex. It most certainly does not help matters when their web site still states that our event is still situated on Puddleduck.
It does seem as though the take up so far for bookings has been very good on both the adjoining show areas Teal Meadow and Shelduck 3 .There are still electric hook ups available on Shelduck 3 and plenty of space on Teal Meadow for non electric pitches. You can of couse camp on Shelduck 3 without electricity.
Your pitch size is 8m x 6m so generally plenty of room for all.

Probably not the last that you have heard from me.

Enjoy this good weather and hopefully pop up the tent or open up that caravan for a good check and airing this weekend.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wronghole » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:47 pm

:D :D Well happy days ,let's hope that there's no more abusive telephone calls particulary aimed at people that are only trying to do their jobs… :D
Tell me, l cannot for the life of me understand why folks need mains hook up for only two or three nights!. I go to France fishing for a week or more without this facility. Bivvied up on the banks of a lake l have all the comforts of home , cooker oven fridge all gas powered, TV, freesat laptop interweb lighting and heating if I need it . the list goes on ,not once have had to be reliant on mains nor have l used a generator :D :mrgreen:
Maybe it's my force's training and my hard core will to survive :lol: :lol: .
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby RustWidow » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 am

Ah but when you have an ancient caravan you need to charge the leisure battery lol
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby transitandy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:35 pm

RustWidow wrote:Ah but when you have an ancient caravan you need to charge the leisure battery lol

Classic sounds much better than ancient :wink:
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wronghole » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:01 pm

RustWidow wrote:Ah but when you have an ancient caravan you need to charge the leisure battery lol

:lol: :lol: SLA 30ah will run a 12v TV for a for a week unless it's a 50" plasma and on 24/7 :lol: . A small SLA about 10ah will do your lighting ,all on r/c so you don't have to get out of bed. Fridge is a 3 way power runs off LPG or any gas ,twin burner Coleman runs off same dumpy bottle. If you need to, batts can be topped up with the sun. :D :D recharge batts when you get home :D
If your going to T M pop round for a beer .
Oh BBQ is always handy if your on the Atkinson's diet :lol: :lol: .
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Dominik1968 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi Folks. :D

All being well i will be there this year.Well for the Sunday at least and by that time the Transit should have clocked up it's 750,000 mile! We managed to do over 1,600 miles this week alone and with a little luck we'll get good weather for the show and shine event.

Best wishes Dom. :D
20,000 MILES AND COUNTING :!: :D [/img]
Dominik1968
GLX Posse

Postby RustWidow » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:34 am

transitandy wrote:

Classic sounds much better than ancient :wink:

Trust me, ours is ancient, not old enough to be a classic lol
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Alas, it was a choice between Transitmania 8, or Solfest with 4 of my mates. Solfest won out ;)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Punto443 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:47 pm

Not long now :D
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby wronghole » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Looking forward to it :D :D :D . can also use it as wife's holiday, can't have her moaning that I don't take her anywhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby boltondigger » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 pm

CamperVanBeethoven wrote:Alas, it was a choice between Transitmania 8, or Solfest with 4 of my mates. Solfest won out ;)

Haha exactly the same decision weve made ,see you at tarns at the drystone stage.
Had a rusty old 58 plate 85 ps swb.180 thou .most reliable bus ive ever had

12 plate limited 125bhp 260 that got nicked :shock: :shock:

2016 connect poverty spec
boltondigger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Transitmania