*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Head lights especaily low beam

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: Head lights especaily low beam

Postby makenmend » Mon May 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Fuel prices vary by State as well, quick visit with friend in Oklahoma, filled up for return trip at $ 1.88 per gallon.

Yes it's less costly to produce diesel, but as most goods are transported by the big diesel rigs, good ( tax ) good revenue stream for government.

On the low beam subject I just received these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JY ... UTF8&psc=1 Good review on the US Transit forum, will fit and test soon.

MM
makenmend
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby makenmend » Mon May 08, 2017 4:21 pm

The diesel option in the US is the 5 cylinder 185 hp 350 ft/lb. a $ 6,000.00 option.

The twin turbo 3.5 petrol 310 hp 400 ft/lb a $ 2,100.oo option,

The base model is 3.7 petrol 275 hp 260 ft/lb. So you can see unless your a very high mileage person, It"s hard to cost justify the diesel option.
makenmend
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby S60r » Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 pm

I want a petrol :(

Why can't we buy them here. I would have bought the twin petrol in a heartbeat. Sod diesel.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby V184 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:07 am

S60r wrote:I want a petrol :(

Why can't we buy them here. I would have bought the twin petrol in a heartbeat. Sod diesel.

I want a Ford Edge in the States its got a 2.7 petrol over here we only get the 2 litre diesel :(
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby makenmend » Wed May 10, 2017 11:19 pm

One of the few things I disliked about my Transit is the head lights particularly the low beam. I recently found these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JY ... UTF8&psc=1

So not to expensive an experiment, removing the head light assembly super easy, 2 torque screws,pull forward to pop out, disconnect 3 connectors
Turn original lamp 1/4 turn to remove and disconnect lamp, install replacement,
connect new lamp, connect 3 connectors, reinstall head light on drivers side and test for operation and comparison. Much whiter for sure. the 2nd panel line on the garage door was the cut off for low beam, so there doesn't seem to be much difference, haven't tested in the dark yet so we will see tonight.

KIMG0363.jpg
KIMG0364.jpg
KIMG0365.jpg

KIMG0366.jpg
KIMG0368.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makenmend
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby makenmend » Wed May 10, 2017 11:23 pm

And a comparison , the 2nd line on the garage door is/was the low beam cut off, looks pretty close but haven't driven in the dark yet so we will see later.

KIMG0362.jpg

MM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makenmend
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby makenmend » Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm

done a couple after dark runs with no one flashing me to say I was using high beams, so alignment stays as is. I do get a low beam failure warning after starting, but that goes away after a few seconds. The white light does increase my night vision range and what was particularly noticeable was how much road signs and cats eyes stood out. makes going to high beam look insipid (yellow). going to live with that for now until some longer road trips behind me, heading to Colorado end of month, that should prove a point.

MM
makenmend
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits