*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.9 efi transit engine and gearbox 79k miles

Clear out your shed! Advertise your parts here! [No Trade Ads]

Moderator: Luke

2.9 efi transit engine and gearbox 79k miles

Postby hotpaint » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:58 pm

FORD TRANSIT 2.9 V6 EFI MANUAL ENGINE & GEARBOX WITH 79.000 MILES

COMPLETE ENGINE WITH GEARBOX
I had bought this to convert the 2.0l turbo pinto campervan but that was stolen last night so no use for this great engine
it was taken out by a breaker and as such they cut the ecu and engine loom cracked the distributor cap and sliced through he exhausts like complete idiots.
drivebelts and ancillaries still in place and engine mountings in place, injector look still in place
I have not collected the other bits for the conversion so its the engine and gearbox for sale with the air filter box
pictures will follow

looking for £750 the lot call 07973541507 or hotpaint@hotmail.co.uk
collection from birmingham 2 mins off J6 M6
can deliver locally only for a price
I have a crane so can load in to a van if you come with one
hotpaint
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2.9 efi transit engine and gearbox 79k miles

Postby jacka » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi have you any pictures cheers. Neil 07774878393.
jacka
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby hotpaint » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 am

Hi guys thanks for the interest
I am keeping the engine now as amazingly my stolen transit camper was recovered. damaged ignition and some stuff stolen form inside but it was clean and washed !
I hope everyone who has lost a van is a lucky and gets it back. thanks for everybody's help in making my van too hot to handle social media works and the police did a great job as well. thanks Iain.
hotpaint
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby hotpaint » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:05 am

hotpaint wrote:NO LONGER FOR SALE AS VAN HAS BEEN RECOVERED TO PROJECT V6 IN TO PINTO GOES AHEAD.

FORD TRANSIT 2.9 V6 EFI MANUAL ENGINE & GEARBOX WITH 79.000 MILES

COMPLETE ENGINE WITH GEARBOX
I had bought this to convert the 2.0l turbo pinto campervan but that was stolen last night so no use for this great engine
it was taken out by a breaker and as such they cut the ecu and engine loom cracked the distributor cap and sliced through he exhausts like complete idiots.
drivebelts and ancillaries still in place and engine mountings in place, injector look still in place
I have not collected the other bits for the conversion so its the engine and gearbox for sale with the air filter box
pictures will follow

looking for £750 the lot call 07973541507 or hotpaint@hotmail.co.uk
collection from birmingham 2 mins off J6 M6
can deliver locally only for a price
I have a crane so can load in to a van if you come with one
hotpaint
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby DodgeRover » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:51 pm

How does the turbo pinto go? I've got most if a janspeed set up to go onto mine, just haven't had time to fit it.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby hotpaint » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 pm

hi dodge
the pinto is fine it is a blow through air research system it was running lean so I assume the vv carb is not up to the job it ran well enough on the van but it was never right for this heavy application but i have all the bits exhasut prop gearbox rad inter cooler fuel pump etc to go with the engine and turbo
hotpaint
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby DodgeRover » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 am

hotpaint wrote:hi dodge
the pinto is fine it is a blow through air research system it was running lean so I assume the vv carb is not up to the job it ran well enough on the van but it was never right for this heavy application but i have all the bits exhasut prop gearbox rad inter cooler fuel pump etc to go with the engine and turbo

Are you selling the pinto now then? Would be interested in your turbo set up if you want to separate it.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Parts For Sale