*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Squeaky seat!

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Squeaky seat!

Postby Hans Wynants » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:00 pm

i took everyting out of there and placed it in the back :-) . that was one squeak less . but does not cure my squeaky seat :-p
Hans Wynants
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby seikokid » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:24 am

try adjusting the height lever, that was the problem in mine
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hans Wynants » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 pm

i tried all positions over the last year. and indeed the height dit some things, but the squeeking kept on returning...

last thursday i went to the garage, en they adjusted the railings of the seat, en put new grease on the bad spots. he told me, that i should wait for 1 week and of the squeeking still is there , my van must come in for a replacement seat . the squeeking is nog normal and the van should be silent.

so i am glad that i went back with this problem.

now on monday the squeeking is stil tesame , so i will give them a caal this week to make an appointment for another seat. or maybe only the adjusting metal part. we will see.
Hans Wynants
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Wadey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Mine squeaks it's the plastic bush that the seat belt stalk bolts through if I hold the stalk still it won't squeak I squirt a little oil on it and it stops for a few weeks then starts again
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Hans Wynants » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 pm

will drive my van back ti the garage this evening. i have an apointment for tomorrow , my skueeky seet will be replaced!

very curious how this will work out.

also the software will be changed. there would be another improvement on the smoothness of the throttle respons. lets hope it is...
Hans Wynants
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Nederbelg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Hallo Hans,

What year was your Custom built? For what versions is this Software Update?

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hans Wynants » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:59 pm

hey , here with some update's !!

last thursday went to the garage folowed by my wife because the van had to stay there for the night.
when i show myself to there desk, the women told me there would be somebody that will come and take a look.

waited for 1/5h there is a technician that come with me to the Custom. he opens my door and tell's me , you know mister, i will be honnoust to you , i wont fix your seat !! they alle creack and that is just part of the van ... he turns around and walks away!!!!!!

i get furious and get behind him back to the desk , and ask him and the girl behind the desk , wy they tell me 2 weeks earlyer that this will be fixed. that this is not normal for a new van. that they make a nem appointment to come in, i had to take 1/2 day off from work , my wife gave up here time do drive behind me... very sad and mad!!!

i asked the girl behind the desk to talk to the manager but he wasn't there anymore.

i left back home and was so angry i looked at the seat myself. and fixed the skueeking myself!!!

the day after the manager called me and i told him to look after some descent technicians ... if they could not find the problem they are not capable ...

i also told him they used the wrong grease for the seats... maybe i should have presented him to teach them how to fix someting without pluging in the OBD to check what is wrong... because that is the only thing they can do lately i think...

i told them to forget the software to , because i would not let my van there. i am also afraid to go and have a service there... i would better do it myself.

my van is 125hp first registration 2016 but was stock model so maybe build in 2015.
Hans Wynants
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 pm

:lol: :lol: bloody squeeki seat
Have you lot got nought better to do :lol:
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Nederbelg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:38 pm

@Hans:
I wrote you a PM!

My van is a stock modell too; build somewhwere late 2015, beginn 2016, so the same age as your's. I find the Gaspedalresponse pretty bad too, so that bis why i asked how old your Custom is. Should there be a softwareupdate which improves this, i would be very interested! The strange thing is that the Pedalresponse is bether when the van is regenerating. :roll:

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Seamonkey » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:05 pm

G. Thanks for the answer Hans. I sent you a pb too.
3 weeks ago...
Seamonkey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Custom