*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 tourneo jag-van mk2

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Mk5 tourneo jag-van mk2

Postby robbie.cee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Thats one way to change a gasket!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
2.9i 24v cosworth v6 LSD now fitted and quad pipes out back

Had
X-Reg Mk5 150ps 3.0 ESSEX V6
MAKE IT FIT

RIP Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pocketrocket » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 pm

robbie.cee wrote:Thats one way to change a gasket!

Its like the old saying that my dad used to say, he'll have to sell the car once the ashtry is full! :lol:
Just made sense tbh with the gain of a set of spares and the cost, shame about the car :(

Anyways Saturday was a busy day, got the engine out of the jag, seemed to be fairly straightforward 2nd time round, made a start stripping the unnecessary aircon etc off the new engine ready for going in, its also given me a chance to rebuild the gear linkage after the mot man bent mine trying to get it in reverse :?
We was hoping to go on holiday in it mid august but realistically its not going to happen and would hate it to let me down while i was away with a teething problem thats not ironed out (I'd never hear the last of it from the mrs!! )

Anyway as usual a few pics 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1999 mk5 tourneo (previously jagvan, now Vw PD powered)
2000 mk5 with a jaguar twist :wink: (now dead but will live on)
1996 disco 300tdi 1.2 offroad toy :D
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby robbie.cee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 am

Wow no waiting around then

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pocketrocket » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Right chaps, not much to report and no pics I'm afraid :(

As from the last post engine is now in and its running well, I had a few problems at first with a missfire when under load but it turned out to be a simple spark plug lead! :mrgreen: needless to say that she definitely moves now!

Ive fitted a temporary radiator fan just through a relay to a switch as tomorrow (Saturday) is her maiden voyage to skegness for the week (just incase I get caught in crawling trafic)!

Its just over 2hrs drive along mostly country lanes and b roads so shouldn't have long periods of high revs as the axle isn't quite a perfect match when its comes to ratios :?

There's still plenty to do but will be a good trail run before the revolution meet in sept 8)

Anyways wish us luck and ill update with a few seaside pics of the old girl when I get back :D
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby robbie.cee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Good luck and what dash you got, jag or van cos we all know van temp gauge pretty vague and normal goes from like 80 to 120°c ...
I found my cossie v6 preferrs to be a bit hot than bit cold and also traffic is worst not so much cos of lump temp but more drawn in air is fkn baking from bay heat... i seriously need either some sorta wall like the fiestas get to shield air filter or a proper air box with the trumpet that points to headlamp

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pocketrocket » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:22 pm

robbie.cee wrote:Good luck and what dash you got, jag or van cos we all know van temp gauge pretty vague and normal goes from like 80 to 120°c ...
I found my cossie v6 preferrs to be a bit hot than bit cold and also traffic is worst not so much cos of lump temp but more drawn in air is fkn baking from bay heat... i seriously need either some sorta wall like the fiestas get to shield air filter or a proper air box with the trumpet that points to headlamp

Cheers robbie, managed to get here anyway had to stop 3 times to sort the clutch out, the mech I'd made to convert the cable to hydraulic has a locknut that kept tightening itself up and stopping the pedal so had to stop to loosen it off, the not/shaft will need drilling and a split pin fitting to stop it and yes it doesn't like to be stood in traffic luckily the fan I fitted coped enough to just keep the temp at normal.
I'm using the transit dash with the original temp sensor in from the di so it is showing an accurate temp (as accurate as possible like you say!) never goes above halfway unless sat in traffic.

Anyway just a quick update as the Internet signal is crap!
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Quick update, well she made it back in 1 piece and a straight run through this time with no stops! :mrgreen:

Only got a couple of pics of her on her hols but she did manage to get to a local ford meet held by Yorkshire retro ford owners today, bit of spit an polish and she came up well and quite well recieved by the crowd :D

Couple of issues to now iron out, as now the engine has settled in it touches on the bulkhead at the back of the inlet which in turn makes a horrible rattle/creaking noise :cry: and the rear arches need a slight roll as when it was loaded with holiday crap they caught a little :lol:

I also picked up a repair panel for the lower half of the rear hatch/door for £25!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby robbie.cee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Am i right in thinking arch roller is arm bolts to hub with hydraulic ram to push arm with roller outwards to do arch? Sure i seen that on tv once

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pocketrocket » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 pm

robbie.cee wrote:Am i right in thinking arch roller is arm bolts to hub with hydraulic ram to push arm with roller outwards to do arch? Sure i seen that on tv once

Yes mate think so, luke has 1 that hes kindly offered to lend me/do/show me! :lol: :lol:
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby robbie.cee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:28 am

Vid that pls. Was thinkin of makin one but be better off just doing springs and space sld rail a mm or 2

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pocketrocket » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 pm

robbie.cee wrote:Vid that pls. Was thinkin of makin one but be better off just doing springs and space sld rail a mm or 2

Yeh my side door only just clears, it will open past the wheel but the doorcard rubs on the tyre, the wheels only catch when there is weight in the back as ive taken the thick parr of the leaf out of the springs to lower her down, once the arches/lip are rolled in it should clear
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby robbie.cee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Rolling wont do more than pull arches outwards more so more likely to rub aint it? On the door i mean

Had
MAKE IT FIT

robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:07 pm

robbie.cee wrote:Rolling wont do more than pull arches outwards more so more likely to rub aint it? On the door i mean

Na im not flaring them just rolling the lip on the inside, its that thats catching the tyre wall, i recon once thats rolled it'll be sound :wink:
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Right chaps little update,
Life with the jag-van is pretty decent when its working properly :lol:

We did our first carboot sale on it on Saturday, ideal vehicle for the job especially with the swivel seats now in! 8) (charged me the same price as a large van!! :x )

All was going well till on Sunday a water hose burst! :x thankfully no permanent damage and just a matter of replacing it with a silicone jobbie, while I had the inlet off I took the chance to change the plugs.
I was surprised to see they were a nice caramel/light brown colour which seems to point to it running pretty good and not over fueling like I first thought! :D

Also seen as the weather was nice for a bank holdiday i did a quick oil/filter/plugs change,......... jeez how just changing to oil/plugs can transform the engine!! Shes an absolute flyer now!

Ive also fitted the cd/dvd player from the disco as the cd player i had in the van wouldn't eject any cds and also thats going to be laid up for a couple of months due to (in true landrover style) dissolving at the sight of water! :lol:

Only 1 pic to post for now (young un didn't want her photo taken!)
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Pocketrocket wrote:
robbie.cee wrote:Rolling wont do more than pull arches outwards more so more likely to rub aint it? On the door i mean

Na im not flaring them just rolling the lip on the inside, its that thats catching the tyre wall, i recon once thats rolled it'll be sound :wink:

A twinwheel jumbo roller and rail will cure it :wink: Cant remember it might be just the rail you need :)
https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for ... t/15548658 On second thoughts the bulge might be too far to the rear :(
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!