*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Turbo seized

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Turbo seized

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Only had van a few weeks and for the last couple of weeks I felt the van was not right , I couldn't put it words what was wrong but it felt like the power wasn't controlled 100% by the accelerator if that makes sense , anyway booked into ford on Wednesday but said van was fine, I took the tech notion out on a test drive explaining best I could what I thought was wrong but he just said that's modern vans for you , anyway started van this morning and my dash lit up like a Xmas tree , eml , traction control light , service light were all on and I had service engine now and hill start assist messages on display and van had no power , ford managed to get me in today and have just called to say my turbo has seized and needs a new one , 125bhp jumbo trend l4 2016
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Turbo seized

Postby V184 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Low oil pressure ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 pm

V184 wrote:Low oil pressure ?
don't know they just said seized turbo and they should have it back on road by Thursday next week
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cornishpasty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:18 am

Hope you do not need engine as mine has been in the dealers since 3rd July and still waiting for engine.
Only did 47000miles
cornishpasty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 pm

They phoned yesterday to say replacement turbo would be here first thing today (thursday) and my van would be done at 1pm , so at 1pm I went to collect my van only to be told that the turbo hadn't turned up and they didn't know where it is , my van was booked out on a job at 2pm and they just said we can't do anything cause we don't know where the turbo is :? They are hopeful that it will turn up in the morning but they can't promise, not sure how I kept my cool but I did, but this is the last time I use Evans halshaw wolverhampton
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:10 pm

I finally got my van back on Friday at 3pm ,all sorted now and all good however I have lodged a complaint with ford customer services over the shambolic and totally unnecessary treatment I received from evan halshaw Wolverhampton ,seems ford are none to happy with them either cause just like with me the service desk doesn't answer the phone
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 pm

today I got a phone call from both ford and evans halshaw Wolverhampton to offer their apologies although I felt like the manager at evans halshaw was only doing it cause ford were making him as he didn't seem that sorry ,anyway ford have given me a free 30.000 mile service at any ford dealer which isn't a lot but better than nothing
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby karl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:47 pm

ford again

its a euro 5 engine and they dont have them on a grate to fit

in my eyes the dealers are taking the piss
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 pm

coming up the m5 tonight in the fast lane ,cruise control on doing 70mph when suddenly van lost power , strangely cruise control didn't switch off but speed dropped to 50mph and wouldn't go any faster even though cruise control was still set at 70mph it would go there , no warning lights or messages on dash , got to the next services and switched off ,started back up and eml was on and message on dash says" exhaust filter on limit drive to clear" , im assuming the dpf is blocked but how the hell has that happened my job is nearly all motorway ,I cant drive it to clear it as it wont go fast enough , its like limp mode speed , anyway its back to ford tomorrow , so far this van has been a nightmare , only had it 6 weeks and it broke twice ,im wondering if this is what killed my turbo the first time ?
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:32 am

They also did security update for rear of van while it was in
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:53 pm

took my van into furrows ford shrewsbury today for its 30,000 mile service , while it was in I asked them if they could check my DPF after it was blocked last week and had a forced regen , they did and said its 50% blocked but this is normal ,is it ? surely 10% or less would be normal otherwise your not going to get the full power from the engine ?
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Damien89 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Here in Malta ALL mk8 minibuses have had there turbos replaced under warranty due to electronic actuator failure.
Damien89

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits