Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


D series as well maybe?

Ford A-series 1974 - 1982

Moderator: Luke

D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:13 pm

vex304s ford.jpg
My latest toy,, 1977 D series.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:15 pm

VEX304S.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby blue estate » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:23 pm

A proper truck , unlike the Iveco and Duff 7.5t of today
mk2.5 Focus zetec 1.8tdci 09 hatch
mk4 Escort estate 1.3no 1.4 yellow
My other car is a 44t MAN TGX 480 tractor unit
User avatar
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner
 
Posts: 15642
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: week days a lay by some where

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Thanks Blue, it was a 10 tonner but has been down plated to a 7.5 so my old man can drive it as well. Worth noting that anyone with 7.5t Grand father rights will lose it when they turn 70, after then you have to apply for it and have a medical etc, my old mans going though hell to get his back.
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby blue estate » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm

rimotu66 wrote:Thanks Blue, it was a 10 tonner but has been down plated to a 7.5 so my old man can drive it as well. Worth noting that anyone with 7.5t Grand father rights will lose it when they turn 70, after then you have to apply for it and have a medical etc, my old mans going though hell to get his back.

DVSA buggers :evil: it's not as so he's doing it for hire or reward is he ?
I'm lucky as I've got the full set now as I've just passed my C+E (class 1)
mk2.5 Focus zetec 1.8tdci 09 hatch
mk4 Escort estate 1.3no 1.4 yellow
My other car is a 44t MAN TGX 480 tractor unit
User avatar
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner
 
Posts: 15642
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: week days a lay by some where

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby ned » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Oh like that is it, piss off for 6 months then turn up with a lovely looking D series :wink: Got any more pictures of it :D N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 213,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 10956
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Rhinos are fat unicorns

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm

ned wrote:Oh like that is it, piss off for 6 months then turn up with a lovely looking D series :wink: Got any more pictures of it :D N


Lmao sorry mate, really no excuses, been really busy with life and spending days off work driving HGV's etc etc
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:03 pm

blue estate wrote:
rimotu66 wrote:Thanks Blue, it was a 10 tonner but has been down plated to a 7.5 so my old man can drive it as well. Worth noting that anyone with 7.5t Grand father rights will lose it when they turn 70, after then you have to apply for it and have a medical etc, my old mans going though hell to get his back.

DVSA buggers :evil: it's not as so he's doing it for hire or reward is he ?
I'm lucky as I've got the full set now as I've just passed my C+E (class 1)


Dosnt matter mate, hes more annoyed he let his Class 1 go, he drove 20+ years for Esso on the tankers, he is 77 years old now. Well done on getting your class 1, ive been doing a bit of day work for the last few months during my days off.
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 pm

IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby ned » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:13 pm

rimotu66 wrote:
ned wrote:Oh like that is it, piss off for 6 months then turn up with a lovely looking D series :wink: Got any more pictures of it :D N


Lmao sorry mate, really no excuses, been really busy with life and spending days off work driving HGV's etc etc


BJT will be round to spank you later or have you been locked up in his basement all year :lol: :lol: N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 213,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 10956
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Rhinos are fat unicorns

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:16 pm

ned wrote:
rimotu66 wrote:
ned wrote:Oh like that is it, piss off for 6 months then turn up with a lovely looking D series :wink: Got any more pictures of it :D N


Lmao sorry mate, really no excuses, been really busy with life and spending days off work driving HGV's etc etc


BJT will be round to spank you later or have you been locked up in his basement all year :lol: :lol: N


Ha ha, have been no where near his basement :roll: I do keep seeing his Mrs though in the big red scooby van, is she checking up on me??? :shock:
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby ned » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Well you have been to castle gay skull :wink: Er that him, the one leading my usband astray :lol:
I do like the truck, have you restored it?. N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 213,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 10956
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Rhinos are fat unicorns

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby rimotu66 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 pm

ned wrote:Well you have been to castle gay skull :wink: Er that him, the one leading my usband astray :lol:
I do like the truck, have you restored it?. N


Wish I could take credit for it mate but no a grand fella Mr Roy Lockwood did the rebuild about 8 years ago, he lost his 7.5t licence at 70 and could not get it back due to angina, if you can be bothered look on google for Roy Lockwood ERF and Foden to see some others that he has restored. Here is a pic of Mr Lockwood stood in front of the D when I bought it off him.

IMG_2087.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby bigjohnthomas » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 pm

8) I used to have to look after one of those when I had a job
Straight 6 six tilted over a bit :?
Need more pics :P
Have you been on the containers out of the docks job?
They call me Mr Bum Drastic
User avatar
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 23713
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: transexual transitvania

Re: D series as well maybe?

Postby bambi mk 1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:10 pm

Wtf posting the ultra reliable D series in the A series section :shock: Bloody good truck worked on loads of them and never had a bad one :) unlike the A series which must be cloned with the mk 6 tdci :wink: Two of the biggest white elephants ever to grace the Ford badge :lol: Very nice D series btw :)
Theres the good guys,theres the bad guys but there only ever be one SPEED GUY
User avatar
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: 24 Years living next door to Alice

Next

Return to Ford A-Series



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users