*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

UNABLE TO PROGRAMME NEW KEY

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

UNABLE TO PROGRAMME NEW KEY

Postby g699okk » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi

I have scoured every site and Google search for the problem I have on my 2012 SWB Transit.

About 8 weeks ago, my van was broken into and I lost £3k worth of tools but no damage.

I only have the key for the Drivers door as I accidentaly ended up walling my Blue key in someones house. I parked the van up over Christmas and came to open it up a few days later to find the drivers door unlocked (Looks like a break in again). However I tried my key in the door and it does nothing, starts the van no problem.

Here is the big problem all the other doors are locked and I cant open them, so I went to have a new key programmed however when its plugged in, the locksmith was unable to programme it. So I went to see someone with the Ford ids and low and behold the same thing, will not let him programme new key as the system is saying the security system is active.

Has anyone come up against this before, I am absolutely stuck as I`m a Self Employed Buillder and just been going for two months and stuck with a van with all my hand tools in the back.

Any advice please.
g699okk

Re: UNABLE TO PROGRAMME NEW KEY

Postby loot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 pm

See if it has 2 batteries under the seat and if so check the front 1.(it powers modules etc.)

The fob only sends a signal, the key itself when used in the door barrel would unlock the front doors x1 and the back x2.
I don't think it matters if it is coded or not but an alarm if cat1 is fitted will sound if a coded key in the ignition isn't present.
However, since the van starts up then the key is coded and functioning correctly.

So, since there is no apparent connection with ids out other device to pats then my original thought still stands.

Secondly, did ids connect to the pcm and identify the vehicle?
If not then i think fuse f72 needs checking iirc it is interior lights and diagnostics.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Frag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:52 pm

If it's single battery,or twins and both are good,it sounds like central locking fuse may be blown.
You won't code keys with bcmii still 'locked'
Does central locking work,when you lock it from inside using button under handles ?

I don't think you have a cat1 alarm,or it would be beeping or going off as mentioned.
(If keys are lost on those with alarm armed,bcmii replacement is the only way to code keys)
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby g699okk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:41 pm

I only have one battery and I have checked fuses and all ok,interior lights work also.

Key in the door does nothing, so door is open all the time, the lock buttons on the inside wont do anything and remain as if locked.

Thiis has already cost me one job.
g699okk

Postby Frag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Your drivers door lock barrel,must be u/s and or key is badly worn...
ANY ford key of that type (tibbe) will lock any van,only the correct will unlock it.

Maybe the lock barrel is stuck in the lock or unlock position confusing the bcmii,
You should be able to sit in van with doors shut and work central locking from either inner handle,if it were deadlocked you wouldn't be able to open doors even with inner handles.

Have you tried removing and refitting the C/L fuse (78,15A) ?

I'd be leaving a window down while messing with it too or you could end up either locked out or deadlocked in the van...
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby troytroy3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:42 pm

i may be talking complete rubbish but i was under the impression post 2010 keys could only be programmed at ford unless you have full ETIS subscription i am sure some one will correct me if i am wrong
troytroy3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby beachflyer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi i'm a newbie to this but there is a bloke on YouTube who had problems locking and unlocking his ford transit , got a key and swapped over the infra red eye using a pin can't remember what else he did , but have a look on youtube it might help
beachflyer
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits