*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sudden power loss, very Diesel knocky!!!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Sudden power loss, very Diesel knocky!!!

Postby jumbo 57 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:20 pm

I'm making a brew first before I write my technical report, you may wish to do the same, I'll be 10 minutes. :)
jumbo 57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jumbo 57 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:29 pm

It works if you connect the big beefy battery cable,
that I'd oh so foolishly tucked out of sight at the start of the job and that I couldn't see hiding up in the darkness tween the cross member and chassis rail, happy to take autographs now chaps, my crayons are at the ready!! :oops:

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
jumbo 57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Brains_transit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm

I never seen to have those issues :lol:
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 pm

So is Inverness in fear tonight, breaking news a transit is bombing around Inverness with a grinning driver behind the wheel :lol: :lol: N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby jumbo 57 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Well really, this won't do at all :!: :?:

I insist on being called Dumbo, stoopid, dildo, anything really,
Apart from Sue :roll:
jumbo 57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ned » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and don't call me Shirley :lol: N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby jumbo 57 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Thank you to Knobby and Chris

So, may I extend my eternal gratitude to this really great forum, and especially to the kind gents above that prodded me in the correct direction regarding this issue. :)

I really really though it was number 5 injector that was playing up, coupled with the never found 6th gear that the knob suggests is there, i'm sure i'll find it one day. :P

It is once again running beautifully, just the worn starter and prop hanger bearing to do asap, that episode will be coming soon, @ a forum near you. :wink:

Right, I'm off to down the last of the Glenwotsitsface. :D
jumbo 57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby chris72a » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:22 pm

jumbo 57 wrote:Thank you to Knobby and Chris

So, may I extend my eternal gratitude to this really great forum, and especially to the kind gents above that prodded me in the correct direction regarding this issue. :)

I really really though it was number 5 injector that was playing up, coupled with the never found 6th gear that the knob suggests is there, i'm sure i'll find it one day. :P

It is once again running beautifully, just the worn starter and prop hanger bearing to do asap, that episode will be coming soon, @ a forum near you. :wink:

Right, I'm off to down the last of the Glenwotsitsface. :D

Congrats Jumbo it is a great sense of relief once the job is done and it actually fixed the issue, This forum has helped me many times I'm by no means an expert but always try to give back if I can. Knobby is one of those true gentleman and much more savvy than me, glad he only lives an hour or so away from me :-)

Cheers
Chris.
chris72a
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby knobby1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 pm

chris72a wrote:Congrats Jumbo it is a great sense of relief once the job is done and it actually fixed the issue, This forum has helped me many times I'm by no means an expert but always try to give back if I can. Knobby is one of those true gentleman and much more savvy than me, glad he only lives an hour or so away from me :-) Cheers Chris.

Pppfffttt...Me..?? A true gentleman..?? :oops: :oops: Surely you jest..! Like Chris, I have gained much help from here and will always try to give back as best I can....

I will always put crap on most of you too...in a friendly way of course..! :wink: :mrgreen:

Congrats to our Jumbo 57 for finally getting his Jumbo to spring back into life...I did indeed enjoy the "wordsmithing" banter you have supplied us with.. :wink: Well done Sir :mrgreen:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby jumbo 57 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:21 pm

UPDATE.

So nice to be able to overtake Jean in her disabilty buggy once again. :D
jumbo 57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby iamgroot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:22 pm

Hello, looking through the forum, to try and solve my problem (I'm not much on diesels) and came across this thread, was it smoky when the timing solenoid died? mine is very diesel knocky, throwing out white smoke and it came on all of a sudden, soon after having just spent 11 hours welding the bloody floor :-(
iamgroot
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby jumbo 57 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:22 pm

iamgroot wrote:Hello, looking through the forum, to try and solve my problem (I'm not much on diesels) and came across this thread, was it smoky when the timing solenoid died? mine is very diesel knocky, throwing out white smoke and it came on all of a sudden, soon after having just spent 11 hours welding the bloody floor :-(

It was a bit smokey, you could certainly smell the exhausted fumes a lot more than is normal.
The power was reduced quite a bit also.

All fixed now and running sweet as it ever did, power restored to the full neck snapping 90hp :lol:
jumbo 57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby iamgroot » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Thanks, it's £140 for the advance solenoid to test the theory though, I bought another mk 6 that's rotten for £100, might rip the solenoid off that and try it..
iamgroot
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:59 pm

iamgroot wrote:Thanks, it's £140 for the advance solenoid to test the theory though, I bought another mk 6 that's rotten for £100, might rip the solenoid off that and try it..

Just make sure both fuel pumps are the same....they come with a VP30 or VP44 depending on engine PS/model....I'm not sure if the solenoid valves are the same for both. :?

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits