*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hello, newbie first post

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Hello, newbie first post

Postby benchmark51 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:56 am

Hello, I'm Dave and have just joined up.

I have a Transit mk6 on a '53 plate. It is an ex ambulance (patient transport) that had 7 seats and a wheelchair lift. A 2.3 Duratec with factory fitted LPG. I've had it about 3 1/2 years now and I replaced the discs and relined the brakes, oil and filters inc gas filter. Also a noisy auxiliary belt bearing. Fitted a tow bar too.
It is a good starter and runs very well. I run it on petrol until warm and switch to gas. When switching over to gas, it sometimes refuses, so I run a bit further and try again. Eventually it goes over alright and is happy to stay on gas all day long. The gas tank is underneath, where the spare wheel used to be and I was wondering if there is any way I could tap into it to run a cooker or heater? Mainly to save faffing about with gas bottles inside the van.

I have made up a bed out of left over steel 25mm box section left over from my kit car build. Made to fit caravan seating I bought on Ebay. Also a frame for a worktop to house a sink/cooker unit. Both are temporary fixtures so I can easily remove them should I need to use the space as a van. Put in a couple of leather Captain seats on swivels, so a nice comfy drive. Dave
benchmark51
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Hello, newbie first post

Postby Altransit » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:49 am

Welcome to the forum :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Re: Hello, newbie first post

Postby Luke » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:30 pm

hello and welcome to the forum :D
Luke
Site Admin

Return to Welcome