*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect Remote Locking

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: Transit Connect Remote Locking

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 pm

Thanks, i appriciate you taking the time to look 2moro

It all seems to be ponting towards this side door.

ill await your info 2moro in the mean time ill have a look a the latch mechanism and wiring.
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1st timw owner » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:04 pm

Just an update really,

For some reason, the key is no 'deadlocking the doors and operating the latch on the side slide door and i now get the double indicater flash whenever i lock, so i guess the the latch and the contacts are ok maybe just a bit temperamental, or possibly due to the vehicle sitting idle at the garage for a few weeks before i brought it.

Still no lock cycle when i do the ignition on/off 8 times thou.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:12 pm

Sorry about the delay, (christmas party last night :D :D ) I checked the number you gave me and it didnt recognise it :roll: but there is 2t1t-15k600-ac, if its that number then unfortunately your van hasnt got remote locking :cry: .
The only wqy to get round it is to either buy a new central locking module or get an alarm fitted and use the remote from that :wink:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby 1st timw owner » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:20 pm

many thanks indeed coconut.........i must of read it wrong but it was dark.

At least we have cleared up the issue once and for all......presumably the new central locking module just plugs in, in place of the existing one

Do you know how much they are and do they come with a keyfob?. i still cant believe an 06 van doesnt have it but there we are some things we will never have the answers for.

Once again thanks for checking it out for me.
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1st timw owner » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:13 pm

ive just seen on ebay a module for the central locking....removed from an accident damaged focus....with the part no

98 AG 15K600 EA CL DL RF

Its priced at 39.99 GBP or 55.96 EURO for me in Ireland

It looks the same as the connect one but my question is will it work or should i just go to the ford dealer and order the correct part and keyfob at the sametime and get them to fit and program the system.
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 pm

I would be doubtful if the focus one would work because of the rear doors needing a seperate feed to unlock them seperate from the front doors.
You would be better off going to your dealer and ordering one but you will need to get them to programme it to your van. Price wise, i havent got the foggiest, sorry!!, ( i generally do warranty at work, sp I dont worry about the prices :D ) but the dealer should only charge about an hour for it!
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby 1st timw owner » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Ill go to my dealer and see what he says on monday......ill let the forum know what the prices are when i have them.

Thanks to all who assisted in this query :D
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RGCS » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:35 pm

coconut wrote:I would be doubtful if the focus one would work because of the rear doors needing a seperate feed to unlock them seperate from the front doors.
You would be better off going to your dealer and ordering one but you will need to get them to programme it to your van. Price wise, i havent got the foggiest, sorry!!, ( i generally do warranty at work, sp I dont worry about the prices :D ) but the dealer should only charge about an hour for it!

Hi Coconut, I've been having trouble with remote central locking, as in i have a 3 button fob but cannot get the van into cycle mode (van is a Tddi 1.8 T200 Connect), was told by fords when giving them the VIN number that it was giving him the option to order the fob for me if needed, so on that i assume that the van has remote central locking. if i can get the module number then is it possible you can check for me if the van has RCL.

much appreciated

Roy
RGCS
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby terrytibbs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

gonna give this ignition trick a go tomorrow, wife was not impressed when i gave her a van that "you have to put key in to lock/unlock"
terrytibbs
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby terrytibbs » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 pm

terrytibbs wrote:gonna give this ignition trick a go tomorrow, wife was not impressed when i gave her a van that "you have to put key in to lock/unlock"

as i thought, it hasnt got it, how much are you looking at to change module, key fobs etc, or would money be better spent on a suitable alarm that will do it? all recommendations gratefully accepted.
terrytibbs
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Dazlin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi
I've go a transit connect 07 would a central locking module from an 03 work
Please point me
Thanks
Dazlin

Re: Transit Connect Remote Central Locking

Postby kohl_dog » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:51 pm

i have a connect 07reg with just the standard central locking module number 2T1T-15K600-AC... does anyone know the module number i need for "remote" central locking? and is it just a simple module swap, programme remote and thats it jobs a gooden?

thanks in advance
kohl_dog

Previous

Return to Transit Connect