*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

model mystery

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

model mystery

Postby carshalton mk1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:57 pm

Hello

Hope nobody minds, but I thought it best to start a brand new subject on the subject of model numbers, rather than keep talking about it under my last post about diesel conversions

This may be a really simple question - but I just can't work out what model my transit is - I know its supposed to be on the ID plate - but the top line of mine reads

SERIAL NUMBER/MODEL: [BC05MT64960] [DDX]

which doesn't seem to mention to 130, 150 175 etc.

Its a twin wheeled camper: date of first registration was September 1973. It looks quite a bit like Baconsdozen's camper only the overhanging bit over the roof is a bit more angular (and its got red trim, not beige but I don't suppose that matters)

Can anybody shed any light??

thanks

dave
Its a Mark 1 camper!
carshalton mk1

Postby gemini » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:32 am

sounds like a 190
Transit Mk5 Guilt Edged Glamorous & Sleek By Design
gemini
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:47 am

If you go back to your original post I do believe that madmark has asked a question that might help! If you continue the question in the original post it makes it easier for other people to follow the full history of your request!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

model mystry

Postby Neil » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:21 pm

this may not be correct b ford of britain c assembled 05 langly plant mt june 1973 64960 vehicle id ddx 25cwt chassis cab :?:
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby carshalton mk1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:06 pm

Thanks for replies all

MrMpuk :oops: yes - sorry - I realise I shouldn't have set up a new post - as this one is now about a completely different subject I'll continue it, but I'll put a note at the end of the other one refering people to this one. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Gemini - thanks for reply - is there anything in particualr that makes 190 the more likely model?

Neil - thanks - If I 've understood right then:

b=built by ford of britain
c=assembled at Langly
Mt05=June
65960=id
ddx=25cwt chassis cab

which makes pretty good sense - i.e. that ford made it/sold it as just the chasis and cab, and then somebody else, clearly, put the camper type body on it. Does that make sense?

If that is the case, does anybody know what that means in terms of tyre pressures??? which is the only reason I realy want to know what model it is!
carshalton mk1

Re: model mystery

Postby BettyCamper » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 am

Hi,

I am currently rebuilding a mk1 camper and I am having a similar problem with finding out which model it is, as mine asking says sex as the model. I need to know to ensure that I get all the correct brake calipers and shoes. Carshalton did you manage to solve this mystery?
BettyCamper

Return to Mk 1 & 2