*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect Diagnostic port location? Scangauge II

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit Connect Diagnostic port location? Scangauge II

Postby frogsuk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi,

This is my 1st post on the forum as so far I've been able to find most on the information I need by searching the forum which has been fantastic :D .

:?: My question is; I have tried and failed :( so far to find the Diagnostic port location on my 54 Ford Transit Connect Tourneo. I have looked under the steering wheel covers, and both footwell covers but still can't find it. Anyone able to tell me where the frig it is :?:

The reason I ask, is that I have just bought a Scangauge II. MPG - Trip Computer - Digital Gauges - Scan Tool gauge and it needs to be plugged in too the OBD-II port. Any Ideas please :?: ?. I want to see the difference MILLERS OIL - DIESEL POWER SPORT 4 addative makes to the MPG, Torque and HP and also the various settings on my German amh-Booster „TWICE“ tuning box. Also the difference the K&N air filter makes. All in all, I want to have a play :mrgreen:

Scangauge II http://www.scangauge.com
MILLERS OIL - DIESEL POWER SPORT 4 http://www.millersoils.net/M3_cgi/millers2.cgi?product_id=176&exact_match=on&type=automotive&cart_id=
amh-Booster „TWICE“ http://www.cartuning4u.de/shop/catalog/amhbooster-funk-tourneo-connect-tdci-p-17725.html
K&N air filter http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2819
frogsuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Transit Connect Diagnostic port location? Scangauge II

Postby Luke » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:18 pm

cant help you with the question but i can move your post to the connect section :lol:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby transitgeoff » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:46 pm

near your left knee when driving above the center consul, feel up under the middle panel just below the 12volt port :D
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby frogsuk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Wow that was a quick responce.

:D BIG THANKS!!! :D
frogsuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Kerunk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Frogsuk,

Did you get your Scangauge to work on your vehicle? Mine won't work on my 2004 MK6 even though it should :(

Cheers,

Rob
Kerunk
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby frogsuk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Yes mine works great, I used the:

MORE>MORE>MODE
This screen allows the operating mode to be read or set.
< PWM >
<PIDs FORCE>

In the case of Ford Connects, select PWM as the current mode. Your display may be different.
Pressing the upper right or left button will allow different protocols to
be chosen. The protocol is not changed until FORCE is pressed

or from the manual fault finding

TROUBLESHOOTING
PROBLEM: Nothing displayed and no backlight
CAUSE: Vehicle has a blown fuse.
SOLUTION: Replace blown vehicle fuse. The OBDII connector is usually powered off the
cigarette lighter/accessory fuse, check this one first.
PROBLEM: Never stops saying "Connecting..."
#1 CAUSE: Vehicle ECU not on
#1 SOLUTION: Turn key to RUN or start engine
#2 CAUSE: ECU not responding properly.
#2 SOLUTION: Use MORE>MORE>MODE and try Forcing the following modes:
FORD Products: PWM or CANSF
GM Products: VPW , ISO or CANSF
Chrysler Products: ISO, VPW or CANSF
Volvo Products: ISO, CANSF or CANLF
Others: ISO, KWPS, KWPF, CANSF, CANLF, CANSS or CANLS
#3 CAUSE: Vehicle is not OBDII, OBD2 or EOBD compatible.
#3 SOLUTION: None - ScanGaugeII requires vehicle to be OBDII, OBD2 or EOBD
compatible
PROBLEM: Connects and then goes to sleep after 10 to 15 seconds.
#1 CAUSE: Engine is not running
#1 SOLUTION: Start engine
#2 CAUSE: ECU requires only Supported PIDS (Common on 1995-1999 Subaru)
#2 SOLUTION: Use MORE>MORE>MODE>PIDS select SUPPORTED and SAVE
PROBLEM: Poor MPG and TRIP Fuel use accuracy.
CAUSE: Some sensor initial accuracy not good (especially Diesel)
SOLUTION: Use FILLUP procedure to adjust for sensor errors.
IMPORTANT: Use MORE>FILLUP>DONE at first fillup after connecting ScanGaugeII
II. At second fillup, use MORE>FILLUP and adjust top line to match amount of fuel used
to fill tank, then press DONE.
PROBLEM: MPG and TRIP Fuel use very inaccurate after using fillup adjustment.
CAUSE: Error in adjustment procedure.
SOLUTION: Use MORE>MORE>MORE>USE DEFAULTS>YES then redo setup of
ScanGaugeII.
PROBLEM: Some gauges are blank.
CAUSE: Some sensors are not used in the vehicle or data is not reported by ECU
SOLUTION: None
FOR EXAMPLE: About 10% of vehicles show FPR and 50% show MAP. 1995-1999 Subarus
don't show intake air temperature. Some Ford diesels don't show coolant temperature.
PROBLEM: Shuts off when engine automatically turns off in a Hybrid vehicle.
CAUSE: Fuel type not set to HYBRID
SOLUTION: Use HOME>MORE>SETUP>FUEL>TYPE and then select HYBRID and
SAVE.
PROBLEM: Screen goes blank when trying to clear codes.
CAUSE: Vehicle is not responding to the "clear codes" command
SOLUTION: Sometimes multiple attempts are needed to clear the codes. Some vehicles don't
respond properly to the "clear codes" command and the codes cannot be cleared by the
ScanGaugeII.
PROBLEM: When I scan the vehicle, it says NOT READY in the second line.
CAUSE: The vehicle has not completed its "readiness" tests since the last time it was cleared or
the battery was disconnected.
SOLUTION: It will continue to say "NOT READY" until all on board diagnostic tests have
been completed. This does not mean that it is not ready to be scanned.. To get to this screen the
vehicle computer reported that no trouble codes exist. Some states require that some or all onboard
tests be completed and no trouble codes be present to pass emissions testing. When the
ScanGaugeII reports No Codes Found and READY, the vehicle is ready to pass emissions.
Some states allow some tests to not be completed and can pass the vehicle even when the
ScanGaugeII reports NOT READY.
Problem: XGauge doesn't work.
CAUSE: Data entered incorrectly. Make sure an "F" is not entered as an "E"
SOLUTION: Carefully verify that all entries are correct. A single incorrect entry can keep it
from working.
CAUSE: Vehicle doesn't support this request. Not all requests are responded to by every vehicle
within a manufacturers line over all model years.
SOLUTION: None
frogsuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Kerunk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks for that, I can't remember if I tried the combination of PWM and PID's force. I will try it tomorrow and report back. It's bugging me now.

Cheers,

Rob
Kerunk
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SteveO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:36 pm

So Frogsuk how are you getting on with your amh-Booster? Has it made much difference?
SteveO
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby frogsuk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:13 am

Hi SteveO

I posted this recently on another topic and things haven't changed. You do have to be a bit careful if you chose anything above 7 on the settings if using around town. I would recommend you switch it off (using the remote control) in town and using these settings as it starts to be quite lively and the Traction control light keeps coming on when moving away from junctions :mrgreen:
On my last tank (31/01/2008 ESSO Std £1.059 per liter. Diesel same pump each time) fill-up I got 44.7mpg at 38.8mph average speed Max.RPM 3545 Min.RPM 904
Road type and driving conditions
Approx. 60% Carmarthenshire Country Roads 5% Swansea city 35% M4 motorway (Dam engine diesel fed pre-heater on a lot at the moment in the cold)
1/2 load all the time (Big Electric wheelchair weight 21 stone), me not far off that , wife 9ish stone, Golden Retriever dog and sometimes 2 teenage daughters
frogsuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby frogsuk » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:51 pm

New update on how the beast is running.

I took it today for a check up at my local Ford Garage near Carmarthen. A real nice bunch of people.

I thought it was about time for a ECU system check-up for which was carried out and all adjustments made for £70 +VAT.

They found that the ECU was not up to date and they re calibrated the injectors as well as there calibration was not up to scratch.
This was all done in 90 min's.

I removed my ScanGauge II and the amh-Booster "TWICE“ prior to taking the beast for the check up.

The Journey back from the garage (31 miles) was good.
I noticed the Big difference having removed the amh-Booster "TWICE“ while driving there but on the way back, it was if I had refitted it!
In the morning I will refit both units and then will have to recalibrate the ScanGauge II next time I fill the tank so I can start getting accurate readings of fuel mpg again, as I have done the injector clean, the garage ecu work and a lot of idle standing in this last tank.

I have read that there is an programming add-on for the ScanGauge II that somehow works out the BHP!!! So I will try soon to program it and report back what I get. I don't suppose it will be as accurate as a rolling road but lets see what the beast is giving.

The other day when I was in Swansea, I did the school boy racer thing and the BTC and ABS light came on and have remained on ever since. The brakes are working great. (tried them out after warning the wife I was going to do and emergency stop to try the brakes out, but she still almost through her ring up.) I got the garage to check out any error codes for that while it was plugged in as the ScanGauge II did not report any faults. They said that the ABS module was not talking to the ECU so they could not check it out. Is that possible? I have been told on the forum here that it may be the speed sensor, so I suppose that will be my next job to remove the wheels and check out the brake discs and pads and also check and clean the wheel sensors.

Does any one know the answer to the following:
A. Who is the cheapest to buy Front and Rear brake Disc and Pads from?
B. How do you check out the wheel sensor? e.g. Is there a resistance I can check on the wire connectors?
frogsuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby frogsuk » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:39 pm

:D Ordered Front and Rear Brake Discs and Pads today for £125 inc VAT and P&P from MNC Automotive Ltd. 0161 925 0033
:? Just have to fit them when they arrive and check out the Wheel Sensors as well.

:idea: I have a feeling that one of the wheel bearing seals may be in the wrong way, as this fault has only shown up since one was changed under warranty in November (Not by my normal garage) and I have a feeling that it may be similar to the Ford Focus for which I have seen the wrong way around and that caused the ABS and BTC lights to come on. We'll see :!:

:? This will be a first for me on a Connect, so I'll report back how the job went.

:?: If any one wants to throw their ten pence worth into do's and don'ts in doing this job then please list below or PM me.
frogsuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect