*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Aftermarket Wheel Sizes for Connect ?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Aftermarket Wheel Sizes for Connect ?

Postby GeraintUK » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:45 am

Hi All,

Picked up a 54 T200 L Connect last week, and as it's for support vehicle for my race car I wanted to make it look a little smarter.

I seem to be finding conflicting information from wheel size websites as to what the connect can handle.

There are some nice 8.5" x 18" wheels on fleabay that are 5x108 with an ET40 offset listed for a Connect with 235/40/18 tyres.
I questioned the seller and he's adamant that this size is fine, whereas I felt they were pushing it to the limit.

Anyone able to confirm the PCD and offset ?

Many thanks
Geraint.
GeraintUK

Re: Aftermarket Wheel Sizes for Connect ?

Postby coconut » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:49 am

We got a sales demo with big wheels on (dont know what size :oops: ) i'll have a look tomorrow and see what the spec is :!:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby GeraintUK » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:59 am

coconut wrote:We got a sales demo with big wheels on (dont know what size :oops: ) i'll have a look tomorrow and see what the spec is :!:

thks m8,,,appreciate it :)
GeraintUK

Postby andykay » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:04 am

Take a look here plenty of ideas and it gives you the ET as well as size

http://www.alloywheels.com/search.asp?n ... %20Connect

Andy.
1992 MK4 120 SWB V6 24V AUTO
1996 MK5 100 LWB TD AUTO

Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive.
andykay
Cosworth Powered
Cosworth Powered

Postby frogsuk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:20 pm

:mrgreen: I've just fitted some 205/55 R16 Mondeo wheels about 1 hour ago along with new brake discs, pads and a nearside front ABS sensor. I used the above mentioned website to get my information as well as others. I found this one to be a good and was the most help in trying other sizes as it gives a recommend a MAXIMUM of +/- 2.5% difference Changing Tyres Sizes - Tyre Size Change Calculator

I also tried a good friends Mondeo 225/45 R17 but was unable to fit as they caught on the inside of the rear wheel arch, The offset on them was ET38. I didn't try the front to see if they caught on the steering. I then thought of going 215 but was told that there is approx 7mm difference in tyre width to the 225 so I took the easy option and fitted 205/55 R16 6 spoke Mondeo alloy wheels, They look great on, I think they look better than they did on the Mondeo.

I did have to make one modification and that was the Alloy wheel centre hub cap did not fit on the rear wheel to start with, as (mine has disk brakes on the rear) the rear hub bearing cap fowled on the plastic hub cap. This was soon remedied in 5 minutes with a copper hammer and knocked the areas that where fowling. Also don't forget you need 91 or 94 weight tyres for the Connect.
I paid £125 for mine inc. 2 tyres with 7mm and 2 tyres with 4mm out of our local Adtrader

:idea: I also found out that S-Type Jaguar wheels will fit and the later Volvo V40 V50 & V70 wheels fit but 1st check they are 5 stud 108 and the offset is correct as one set of Jaguar wheels I looked at had an offset of 60 :!: :!: :!:
frogsuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:54 pm

Only got chance to have a quick look, its on 225/45/17 with plenty of room around it :D I will try and get some more details on it tomorrow
andykay wrote:Take a look here plenty of ideas and it gives you the ET as well as size

Andy.

I did do a google search and there seems to be 2 different PCD sizes, 5 x 108 and 5 x 114.3 :? see if I can measure one and get a definite answer (unless anybody knows :?: ) and the offset seems to vary between 35-45mm or 45-52mm :?
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby GeraintUK » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:20 am

coconut wrote:Only got chance to have a quick look, its on 225/45/17 with plenty of room around it :D I will try and get some more details on it tomorrow
andykay wrote:Take a look here plenty of ideas and it gives you the ET as well as size

Andy.

I did do a google search and there seems to be 2 different PCD sizes, 5 x 108 and 5 x 114.3 :? see if I can measure one and get a definite answer (unless anybody knows :?: ) and the offset seems to vary between 35-45mm or 45-52mm :?

Glad you found the same conflicting information as I did. I don't think there are two PCD's...I just think one of them is listing it wrong.
I favour that it's 5x108 myself, but i'll have to measure for own piece of mind before I drop some cash on wheels ;)

cheers
G
GeraintUK

Postby coconut » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:51 am

I measured some at work and using a few different methods, they all come out a 5 x 108mm PCD, so it looks like that :!:
coconut
Ford Technician

Return to Transit Connect