*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Override Rear Door Central Locking when driving

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Override Rear Door Central Locking when driving

Postby S8UDY » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Is there any way to stop the rear door locking when you have driven off. Must be an easy way to turn this off. Pain in arse if just dropping something off around the corner and have to turn engine off to open back doors again.

If not will overide with a solenoid boot relaease kit . (Transit connect swb t220 2004 swb )

Thanks rick :?:
S8UDY

Re: Override Rear Door Central Locking when driving

Postby advance » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:07 pm

id love mine to do this,theiving torags open the back doors when at the lights here
The opinions expressed here are of the poster
Opinions may go down as well as up.
Opinions may be recorded for security and staff training purposes
Your home may be at risk if you take any notice of the rubbish printed
CONNECTTDCI+boxer120+120lxmk7
advance
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Frag » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:10 am

S8UDY wrote:Is there any way to stop the rear door locking when you have driven off. Must be an easy way to turn this off. Pain in arse if just dropping something off around the corner and have to turn engine off to open back doors again.

If not will overide with a solenoid boot relaease kit . (Transit connect swb t220 2004 swb )

Thanks rick :?:

Didn`t know they did this,i`ve never seen it :?

Where did your van come from,sounds like something someones fitted,or its just faulty :!:
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby lightning » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 am

Mine doesn't self lock when you drive off. (although you can lock all doors manually with the engine running, then they won't unlock unless you stop the engine) Sounds like it may be connected to an after market security system.
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Postman Pat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:57 pm

I thought there was some shenanigans where you turn the ignition rapidly on and off a few times which changes the operating mode of the locking...?
I was in the Lakes in my Connect a few New Years back: finished loading the van through the rear and side doors while the engine was warming up (cab doors shut). I slammed the back door, our lass slid the side door... and the central locking kicked in and locked us out. Had to lob a rock through the quarterlight and drive 120 miles in a freezing gale to get home...
Connect-ed since 2003... now in a 2014 T240 115PS Ltd.
Postman Pat
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Lefty64 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm

This is now standard on the Transit, and engages automatically above 5mph I think. It isn't available on the Connect even as an option.

There is a latch on the left of the driver's door release handle to activate central locking manually on all models except the base T200. You can operate this with your elbow deliberately, or inadvertently I suppose. This then locks the front doors, and the load compartment rear doors & the side door if one is fitted.

If you then lift the door release handle both front doors unlock, but the load compartment stays locked (single locked only - not deadlocked). You can lift the latch back up, or use the key on the rear door, or press the pliplock blue centre button to release these door locks. You can also press the plip lock on the move if you can't get to the latch.

This sounds like a fault to me.
Lefty64
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect