*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Noise while accelerating

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Noise while accelerating

Postby enndee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:40 am

Here's a weird one with my LWB TDCi that I will try to describe accurately.
Under acceleration in any gear, I get a noise which sounds like a leak from the exhaust manifold (I am pretty sure it isn't that). If I lift off the throttle, the noise disappears :shock: Also, the noise disappears as the speed builds, again in all gears :? It doesn't make any difference if the van is loaded or empty and whether I accelerate gently or hard - although under hard acceleration the noise goes away sooner!!!!
I really have no idea where to start looking with this one.
Anyone got any ideas please?
enndee

Re: Noise while accelerating

Postby mattvik30 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:07 pm

It sounds to me like the turbo, well is it sort of like an induction sound? if its this its probably nothing to worry about as my van was the same with a slight whistle under acceleration. I have however now fitted an aftermarket airfilter and the sound is slightly louder. Its due to hearing the air flow through the airfilter......well i think it is anyway, as im not a mechanic and far from it. However my van has done this for over a year and a half with no problems. I actually like the sound now!!! lol
Tourneo connect 90ps Remapped by Vantuner, Mondy interior handles, Full SS exhaust with pptuning de-cat, Chrome Sportvan Grille, Fiesta St Seats, Dvd Player with Kenwood speakers,
Clear Side Repeaters, K&N Air Filter, Sportvan Sideskirts
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby enndee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm

mattvik30 wrote:It sounds to me like the turbo, well is it sort of like an induction sound? if its this its probably nothing to worry about as my van was the same with a slight whistle under acceleration. I have however now fitted an aftermarket airfilter and the sound is slightly louder. Its due to hearing the air flow through the airfilter......well i think it is anyway, as im not a mechanic and far from it. However my van has done this for over a year and a half with no problems. I actually like the sound now!!! lol

Yes I suppose it is an induction type noise. I would really rather not hear it!
enndee

Postby SirKit Breaker » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:33 am

Is your exhaust OK?
GREAT BRITAIN LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.
SirKit Breaker
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ginsters » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 am

check the jubiley clips are tight on the turbo pipes
the red ones go faster...

53 plate 75ps lwb
vantunner remap and all the other jazz

unfortunately the doors aint as great as the caddy

north wales where the the men are men and the sheep are scared!
ginsters
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect