*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

HELP!! Mk6 Fuel pump problem??? Martin or Coconut u there???

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: HELP!! Mk6 Fuel pump problem??? Martin or Coconut u there???

Postby Gurj51ngh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 am

belly wrote:Glad your getting there Gurj :D cheers for the heads up! When I get a chance I think I will start stripping mine down! Keep the reports going though mate :D

No problem mate. Martin is on the case so I will post up all progress! :)

Construction, Bespoke Joinery & AV fit out services.
Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby whogotmelighter » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:05 pm

hi again!
sorry to jack this thred but i'm trying to locate my fuel pump on my rwd mk6, can any one point me in the right direction??
thanks
51 reg t350 125 lwb hi roof
whogotmelighter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby belly » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:49 pm

If you stand facing the engine it's on the right hand side below the inlet manifold water and vac pumps! Gurj how are you getting on any joy? I've seen Winterheatings solenoid posts and mention of metering solenoid also ! But I'm not sure is this edc thingy another bit? :D
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
belly
Kaiser Chief

Postby whogotmelighter » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:57 pm

:wink:
51 reg t350 125 lwb hi roof
whogotmelighter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Gurj51ngh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:43 pm

A bit of an update people. I managed to pick up a pump from GUY88. Like I said if your buying a second hand pump only buy it from someone that you know or TransitGeoff. To many scrap ones on Ebay you will never know if its good or not.

Anyways this is going make me sound daft but changing the fuel pump is like the biggest thing I have ever done mechanics wise :oops:
But I am getting there spent 2 hours today and half way there. I will be asking Martin to come over and program it in for me.

As has been mentioned before it is the EDC unit which goes faulty so this is the only part I am changing I am leaving the original pump in place just stripping it and changing over bits.

When you strip the pump you can tell if the EDC is F***** so you don't have to pull the whole pump out. I will have to confirm exactly what you can see visually to judge this. I think I have spotted this but dont want to post false info so I will post this once confirmed.

If all goes well one of our forum members will be providing EDC repairs very soon. So all us TDDI boys can have their pumps sorted by someone we all know. :)

Will keep this updated.

Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby belly » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am

so im guessing your edc will be a tuned :wink: version ? Also how did you get on stripping it in situ? im fairly confident with the spanners! just not much experience working on diesel's :D
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
belly
Kaiser Chief

Postby martynx » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Ok, this aint solved yet ;(

I advised Gurj to fit a good EDC unit to his pump...

He did this & I re-initialized the pump to the system & the original codes have gone but the "watchdog" signal is now missing ( this gives DTC p1608 ) turns over fine but no start.. we didnt crank it for too long so it may well be possible to start it , but it makes sense to get this type of DTC cleared 1st ....

& also the DTC code - B2550 is present ... ( LAMP DOME OUTPUT Circuit Short to Ground) not heard of that one before ! must be a red herring ?

Plan now is to strip it out a bit so we can get to pump, & thoroughly check the loom bit near the pumps & the connector , as on FWD's a chafed /burnt / corroded wire often causes a P1608 ( remember Kidmans intermittent starting problem some time back ? http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39393&hilit=p1608) do that & check for continuity from pump connector to main ECU then if watchdog signal error remains, assume the EDC units aren't compatible & fit his old repaired EDC back..

I have this pic of vp44 ecu pinout but does anyone know if this is correct for the EDC on a vp30 as fitted to 75's as well ? or what color the watchdog wire is ?

I have found the fault with the original EDC unit now so it looks like the original diagnosis was correct ...& I am trying to fix it at the mo :)

Hopefully this thread will help others in the future ( if we suss it all out!) so for reference Guy's donor 90ps unfitted Pump part number is 0470004004 & Gurj's original failed pump edc unit is part number 0281001827 970201
Last edited by martynx on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Dan T » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:31 pm

EDC's would only be compatible if the pump number was the same.

On the vp30 pin 7 is deffo +12v and pin 6 is deffo earth.
Pinning out pin 7 to earth should give 11-14V (with ignition on)
Pinning out pin 6 to earth should give 0-1 Ohams.
The above is basicly checking the supply voltage and earth connection.
pin 4 = the watchdog and goes to ECU pin 57. This should be white/green cable. I can aslo give you info on checking this wire (values etc.)
pin 8 = RPM sensor, Grey/orange.
The others i can give you if you need them, but it would seem the pinout diagram of the vp44 is correct for the vp30.
Dan T
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby martynx » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Good info mate , ta... will check the watchdog signal out after Gurj has it stripped out... :)

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Frag » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Oh and that dome lamp output code is from CSM (central security i.e.central locking module) usually when an interior light wire has shorted to earth,nowt to do with pump issue either way :)
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Dan T » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:14 am

martynx wrote:Good info mate , ta... will check the watchdog signal out after Gurj has it stripped out... :)

I've got instructions for testing in-place, not for bench testing.
Dan T
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby martynx » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 am

Yeah thats cool, on his RWD we cant get to the pump wiring connector without taking a few bits off that all..

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Gurj51ngh » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi people :) :cry: :) Sorry for the late update. Just been away from the lap top for a few days. But as Martin said there is now a stupid new fault code which has kicked in. I was told by many many people that the 90ps pump is the same as the 75ps pump both are of RWD engines booth are of TDDI engines so god knows what happened there.

But in all honesty its my fault I should have checked the part numbers which I didnt as I was in to much of a rush to get the bloody thing back in place.

Belly mate stripping it out and getting the EDC out was not to much of a problem I aint a mechanic and the most I ever do mechanically wise is a full service on my van or cars. This was something new to me took me around 3-4 hours to get all of it stripped and back in again. I also lost 2 x 10mm sockets somewhere :lol: Hopefully find them when the slag decides to move.

But I will be doing all this again to fit my EDC back so it ''should'' not take me this long.............Hopefully........... Any ideas how to find my missing sockets? :lol:

But as all know Mr Martin (vantuner) is on the case so all is possible :D Hopefully if we (I say ''we'' lol but I mean Martin) get this sorted out we know who to come to for future pump repairs :wink:

I have to say this all is a mission and it has done my nut in I am loosing money due to the van being of the road. But on the plus side none of these repairs would have been possible with out this forum and the helpful regulars. So big thanks to all you!

Dont worry Martin you can have all the Indian tea you want mate :lol:

Will post up any progress.

Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:58 am

That Tea was the nuts Man , & i love all that Burgi business as well,,top snack mate ! gonna call nearer dinner time next time :mrgreen:

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits