*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Instrument cluster

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Instrument cluster

Postby sgw869 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:38 am

Hello

I own a T230 diesel connect van, my problem is the instrument cluster. The speedo, temp gauge, rev counter and fuel gauge do not work. Also most bulbs are not working bit strangely the main beam, oil, handbrake and airbag bulbs are working.

Any help much appreciated

Best regards

Steve
sgw869

Re: Instrument cluster

Postby synchronicity » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:11 pm

In a semi-related topic, I can't get the clock to reset or adjust. Anything I can do about that? :(
2004 "130ps" transit connect. Bluefin, decat, no egr, CAI, custom turbo pipes, H²O injection, pressure boost, stress bar, 6000k HIDs, 100W fog lights, LEDs, roofrack, 17" Sparco wheels.

Pro Bike Hire
Precision braking & shifting
synchronicity
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dcwuk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Had the same problems that you both have ended up buying a replacement cluster worked fine the only problem being that buying a secondhand one the mileage is bound to be wrong
has its stored in the cluster eeprom. My van is now showing 31k more miles than actually travelled.
I believe there are companies that can reset the mileage, if i knew what chip it is that stores the info I would have a crack at desoldering it from the old cluster and fitting it in the new one.
Maybe someone reading this does know?
cheers
dcw
'I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.'
-George Bush
dcwuk
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sgw869 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 am

Hello

Thanks for the info

I will post my findings when I have resolved the issue

Regards
sgw869

Postby SirKit Breaker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:48 pm

dcwuk wrote:Had the same problems that you both have ended up buying a replacement cluster worked fine the only problem being that buying a secondhand one the mileage is bound to be wrong
has its stored in the cluster eeprom. My van is now showing 31k more miles than actually travelled.
I believe there are companies that can reset the mileage, if i knew what chip it is that stores the info I would have a crack at desoldering it from the old cluster and fitting it in the new one.
Maybe someone reading this does know?
cheers
dcw

Wouldn't be tempted to have a go at soldering in the old chip, you will end with 2 knackered clusters.
It costs about £30 to have the mileage modified with a laptop, theres loads of people at it just look in the ad's in Autotrader.

Cheers...........Howard
GREAT BRITAIN LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.
SirKit Breaker
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby sgw869 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:42 am

Hi
Finally got around to getting this problem fixed, auto electrician cured the problem in 30mins and charged me 30é
He said the two onboard computers had stopped talking to each other.

Another problem solved this week was gearbox thrash changed the gearbox mount problem solved

some good news at last

Cheers
sgw869

Return to Transit Connect