*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

knocking noise

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

knocking noise

Postby silvey87 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi all got a mk7 transit 115 rwd its making a kocking noise and is idleing very rough untill its reved uo put the fault code reader on it said cylinder 4 balence injecter restricted so i thought i would unplug all the injecters 1 by 1 and see if it was no4 injecter faulty but all did the same thing when unplug just ran on 3 has anyone had the same problem im pretty sure its not a knock coming from the engine as in top end or bottom end because it stops when reving and idleing somtimes any ideas.
silvey87
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: knocking noise

Postby frog_southampton » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

I think i have a similar noise....

I had the wish bone replaced which resolved one of the knocking noises!

but now i have noticed a knocking noise even when sat at traffic lights etc when van not moving

let me know if you find anything more out?
frog_southampton
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby silvey87 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 pm

i have fitted a set of injecters today will try and start tommrow and see if that cures it.
silvey87
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mobilevanman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 pm

u havent said wot mileage urs is at but it may b worth checking to c if ur clutch or more important flywheel isnt breaking up as that with cause uneven feeling and noises as decribed

tony
why not if u dont someone will
mobilevanman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby frog_southampton » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

My van is Y reg, 2001 and has done 125k
The clutch and fly wheel was replaced a couple of thousand miles ago...

its weird though how i herd this slight knocking noise while the van was stationary at traffic lights.
frog_southampton
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby linus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 am

slight knocking noise while the van was stationary

You dont mean the fuel-tank-slosh :?:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37180

Linus
Life's too cheap to drink short wine.
Peace

linus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby frog_southampton » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Not sure, i will have to have a listen tomorrow, i did a few times think there was a knocking coming from passenger foot well and then a few times a knocking coming from rear somewhere...

cheers!
frog_southampton
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby silvey87 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm

the milliage on the van is 98000 i have fitted a spare set of injecters and for a moment it sounded sweet as a nut the started idling bad again i will check the crankshaft sensor tommrow for metal.
silvey87
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby DEAN MACHINE » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:04 pm

silvey87 wrote:Hi all got a mk7 transit 115 rwd its making a kocking noise and is idleing very rough untill its reved uo put the fault code reader on it said cylinder 4 balence injecter restricted so i thought i would unplug all the injecters 1 by 1 and see if it was no4 injecter faulty but all did the same thing when unplug just ran on 3 has anyone had the same problem im pretty sure its not a knock coming from the engine as in top end or bottom end because it stops when reving and idleing somtimes any ideas.

are you sure it coming from the engine ? , when i had my first mk6 i had a little knock at idle speed, first i thought it was flywheel ,had that replaced ,knock still there , i took it to various mechanics who came up with different things ,engine mountain , cat converter, changed both of them and it still knocked , , got the van on ramps and when you pushed the engine up with your hands the knock stopped , it turned out to be a metal pipe (think steering pump) knocking against the chassis rail , wedged a little piece of rubber down and knock gone , but it did sound like it was coming from the engine , im not saying thats what yours is but dont overlook simple things , i did and £600 later it was a 20p piece of rubber that did the trick :oops: :oops:
DEAN MACHINE
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby silvey87 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 pm

hi i forgot to say when i fitted the injecters its not knocking anymore how ever it idles bad the engine is shaking all over the place would that be down to the injecters not being programed?
silvey87
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby frog_southampton » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:29 pm

update on my knocking noise.....

After reading through the posts on here and listening to the noise I have found that it sounds like the fuel sloshing about in the tank!!

Never herd it before, bit weird..i have half a tank in there ATM.

Is this normal or is there a fix?

thanks!
frog_southampton
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby angeleye » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 pm

only tdci injectors need coding
angeleye
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby silvey87 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:47 pm

hi all it turns out i need to book the van to the dealers to have a pcm calibration update do you now if this will cure the fault or is it just a waste of time. cheers :D
silvey87
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits