*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

removal speed limiter

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: removal speed limiter

Postby dametrans » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:29 pm

jacko1611 wrote:
Mikey B wrote:Did one of these in work on friday went into car config and changed it through there, No problems what so ever.
All the ones i have done have worked without a hitch to be honest.

Same here when doing it in car config. Had trouble doing it through powertrain service functions, comes back up and says speed limit set to 0mph lol. IDS for u.

Ford garage rang me today to say they CANT remove it, some excuse that because it manafactured as minibus ford UK wont give them the codes etc, now that has to be bulls--t surely, strangely i got it derated down to a 9 seater, then it had to to NCT as car and of course it passed and today it past its Limo test, so anyone that can help me remove the limiter please ???
dametrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ake » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:43 pm

I don't think that is bull, I reckon it is probably true, it will be to comply with eu rules
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby jacko1611 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:35 pm

ford uk wont give them what codes? dont need to put a code in to gain access to speed limiting
not another E G F*****G R!
jacko1611
Ford Technician

Postby dwright2104 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:47 pm

dametrans wrote:strangely i got it derated down to a 9 seater

remember a 9 seater is included in the term, 8 or more passenger seats. which is ment to be limited, except specific engines.

all ford transit engines were exempt but this may not be the case anymore.
dwright2104
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dametrans » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 pm

dwright2104 wrote:
dametrans wrote:strangely i got it derated down to a 9 seater

remember a 9 seater is included in the term, 8 or more passenger seats. which is ment to be limited, except specific engines.

all ford transit engines were exempt but this may not be the case anymore.

Look guys i took the seats out my self and can still go out and take out all them so that makes absolutely no difference whats it rated at now, this ford guy is telling me it cant be done, now that to me is absolutely bull
dametrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dametrans » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:26 pm

jacko1611 wrote:ford uk wont give them what codes? dont need to put a code in to gain access to speed limiting

In trying to fob me off he said Ford uk wouldnt give him information that would be required, as in it would be back to the ecu etc, has last sentence was the telling one, "we wouldnt be able to get involved" . to me that sounds like were afraid we might mess up
dametrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dwright2104 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:29 pm

try speaking to martyn here on the forum he will bebable to help you.

or try a different ford dealer, there not all useless.
dwright2104
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dametrans » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:36 pm

dwright2104 wrote:try speaking to martyn here on the forum he will bebable to help you.

or try a different ford dealer, there not all useless.

Oh i apologise if it sounded like i ment they all useless. obviously not, but this ford guy came recommended and then after 3 attemps when he thought he had done it,he gives up and washes his hands of it.ok going to do a search for martyn , cheers
dametrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dwright2104 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:48 pm

i know what you mean by shitty ford stealers, parents 08 focus battery died, took it to a ford dealer as we took it to kwick fit n they said it cant be the battery, the stealer wanted £80 odd to put it on the computer and £180 odd for battery.

took it to another ford dealer n they said it wasnt the battery, and had it for 3 weeks, n then said we cant find anything wrong with it, it must be battery, they changed it, £90 odd in total
dwright2104
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jacko1611 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:11 pm

dwright2104 wrote:i know what you mean by shitty ford stealers, parents 08 focus battery died, took it to a ford dealer as we took it to kwick fit n they said it cant be the battery, the stealer wanted £80 odd to put it on the computer and £180 odd for battery.

took it to another ford dealer n they said it wasnt the battery, and had it for 3 weeks, n then said we cant find anything wrong with it, it must be battery, they changed it, £90 odd in total

08, warrenty?
jacko1611
Ford Technician

Postby dwright2104 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:34 pm

not on batteries, only 1 year.
dwright2104
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jacko1611 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 pm

that must just b for cars then. get three years on vans
jacko1611
Ford Technician

Vantuner 1 Ford 0

Postby dametrans » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Well after many many failed attempts in ford garages here in dublin and phone calls to UK to remove my speed limiter from my 07 15 seat minibus ( i have re rated it down to a 9 seater) i finally put the bus on boat to holyhead mon morn, drove to burnley to collect some leather seats and then down to london(long drive at 62mph) to Martyn the Vantuner(pure genius that guy)

So get to his place and i am absolutely shattered from lack of sleep etc so he says you have a little nap in this little make up bed in his garage and il do the work on bus, so he does the work and we take her for a spin and limit is still 100km(62MPh) so he has another go this time removing the tacho that i now dont need and wanted out and takes her for another spin and still the limit is 100km,
Anyway the long and short of it is my bus is eurospec ie Kilomteres and ford decided that the speed limit stays for life and they have hidden the ecu speed control unit.

So at this stage i am snoring my head off in the garage and martyn is working away 4hours in total(he dont give up easily) and its getting late and i still have to drive to exeter to collect another 3 leather seats so on his last attempt he reconigures the bus again and we take her for spin and boys she is like a rocket 140km no problem and into the bargain i have my tacho removed and my speedo mileage back in the dash as normal(ford said that couldnt be done either as it came programed with tacho etc)and just for further fun i now have hill start assist too, so off to exeter i go and then back to holyhead (much faster than i came down) and caught the 8am boat, so ye might have lost the football match but martyn vantuner beat ford europe. Ps did a thousand miles in total yesterday, a touch tired today oh and in case anyone wondering the seats are mercedes viano and 7 of them are going into the rear of bus
dametrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits