*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

TRANSIT CONNECT FUEL FILTER

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

TRANSIT CONNECT FUEL FILTER

Postby AFP PLUMBING » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi chaps and ladies! My van has not been running properly and was kangarooing halfway accross town today. I removed the fuel filter, cleaned it out with water and put it back after drying it a much as possible.

It would seem that I cannot start the van at all now. I have removed the pipes and poured fresh diesel into them and the filter housing. She's still having none of it!!! Where is the bleed plug on this model?

Any other clues as to what might be up with my jalopi????

Transit Connect 1.8 TDCI
2005 MODEL
AFP PLUMBING

Re: TRANSIT CONNECT FUEL FILTER

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Sounds like you've just wrecked your injectors then. Can't believe that anyone would attempt to rinse the filter out let alone doing it with water.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby AFP PLUMBING » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:03 pm

She was as dry as possible when i put her back. Jury's still out on this one. Been using an alternative fuel source. And I suspect that the cause of the problem. Will sort her out tomoz.
AFP PLUMBING

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 pm

TDCi injectors are very sensitive. Doubt the filter was anywhere near dry and even if it was you've contaminated the clean side of it with water.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mikey B » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Connects are shite to get going again, did you fill the filter with diesel afterwards?
But yes cleaning it with water is a very very silly thing to do. Should have just changed it if you thought that was the cause...
MKB Autos All makes and models catered for.
Mikey B
Ford Technician

Postby jimbo 1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:28 pm

hi mate , im suffering very similar problems , my engine is 2.4 durotorque cant seem to get it bled properly , iv opened the 4 injectors until the air has passed through but still no luck my battery has died on me and next step is to fill the filter with fuel when the battery is charged , good luck
jimbo 1

Return to Technical Problems & Questions