*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

deadlocked rear doors

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

deadlocked rear doors

Postby HogPot » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 pm

after having to replace my rear lock wiring loom due to having been cut in attempted break in, my central locking would not work, diagnostics indicated one of the two batteries under the seat was flat, replaced it and now central locking works fine all around with the exception of rear doors which will not open either by fob or manually with interior catch. on an earlier model a similar problem was resolved by removing battery for an hour then when reconnected turn key to starting position 1 several times to release deadlock, could it be similar and if so what is the key sequence? gratefull for any help in this matter.
Mk7 lwb hi-top
HogPot
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: deadlocked rear doors

Postby winterheating » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:29 pm

if your fronts open close with the fob then i dont think that reprogramming the fob with that procedure willmake a diffrence.

Its probly one of the CL fuses under the steering wheel that have gone. Taped to the steering column hidden in the loom.
winterheating
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ake » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Its a MK7 so no fuses under steering column but lots in fuse boxes, best bet is to check them all :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=49206
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby winterheating » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:38 pm

oh yeah :oops:
winterheating
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby HogPot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 am

Checked every fuse, (engine and two passenger boxes = 82 fuses), and all good. Disconnected batteries for an hour in vain hope of resolving issue to no avail. Currently front doors unlock by fob but now only lock manually side doesn't lock and back doesn't open!!!
Thanks for your previous help however I believe an expensive visit to ford (fraud) main dealer my only course of action remaining!
Mk7 lwb hi-top
HogPot
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby HogPot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:57 am

Wow, disconnected the door loom and unlocked back door by internal catch reconnected loom and rear door still unlocks by internal catch, however, no doors lock by fob, front doors open by fob but don't lock automatically when driven?
Mk7 lwb hi-top
HogPot
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby winterheating » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 am

HogPot wrote:Wow, disconnected the door loom and unlocked back door by internal catch reconnected loom and rear door still unlocks by internal catch, however, no doors lock by fob, front doors open by fob but don't lock automatically when driven?

It has to be programmed back in by Ford i think, the locks use can bus wiring aswell i think so no joining repairing wires.
winterheating
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby HogPot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:00 pm

HogPot wrote:
Wow, disconnected the door loom and unlocked back door by internal catch reconnected loom and rear door still unlocks by internal catch, however, no doors lock by fob, front doors open by fob but don't lock automatically when driven?

It has to be programmed back in by Ford i think, the locks use can bus wiring aswell i think so no joining repairing wires.

Many thanks Winter will dispense with repaired loom and buy new!!
Mk7 lwb hi-top
HogPot
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby winterheating » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 pm

it will cost £100's for a new loom, maybe see if you can get it programmed with the repair one, soldered wires will be best.
winterheating
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby winterheating » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:30 pm

actually the part that was cut must be the wires going to each door is it??
They are seperate bits that can be bought cheap.
winterheating
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby HogPot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 pm

actually the part that was cut must be the wires going to each door is it??
They are seperate bits that can be bought cheap.
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:30 am

The loom section from the rear lights to the rear lock costs £82 at fords but when I put new one in it was no better in fact worse than repair ( crimped ), so I took it back and replaced repaired loom, put new battery on, changed 15a fuse and checked all others. No can bus wiring ( 8 black single wires ), released back door whilst loom disconnected. Don't think needs new loom or fuse but best guess is body control module resetting ?
Mk7 lwb hi-top
HogPot
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ake » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:35 am

I think that the BCM may have been fried when the wires were cut :( Think you need to get it checked by a Ford dealer
When will the scum of this earth learn that you can't open a transit by cutting the loom any more :evil:
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits