[Like countless others my alternator light appeared.
As a novice mechanic I would like to share my experience. After disconnecting the battery :
1. Remove intercooler plastic cover (2 torque screws). A special torque screwdriver needs to be purchased
2. Remove electrical sensor left on intercooler (squeeze it between pliers and pull off)
3. Loosen jubilee clips on rubber hoses and remove 4 bolts securing intercooler and lift off and uncouple hoses
4. Now looking at alternator. (its a tight squeeze) remove rubber protection from 10 mm bolt and remove cable to gain access This is located on the right
5. Remove 3 nuts holding the plastic black casing on the right. Use a small socket set as the nuts are recessed
6. Now you can see connector plug on the front of the alternator (3 wires). Using pliers pinch the clip and pull off. This can be awkward
7. Undo all the fixing connectors around the rad and fan. Follow it and undue the plug at the top.
8. Now the complete loom has been removed use a multimeter and test continuity of all 3 wire. If you find the one that's gone discard the loom otherwise the problem is elsewhere
9. Go to you local Ford parts centre and purchase a new loom. This now costs £16.43
10. Replace and reassemble in reverse
Should be now OK. This took me 2 hours. It was fairly OK but I would consider help if your not confident.