*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Annoying fault codes!!

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Annoying fault codes!!

Postby Eurovanman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 am

Hay just wondering if anybody has had these problems with these fault codes in the past but any help would be much appreciated.

P1102 MAF sensor in range but lower than expected not current dtc
P0100 Mass or volume air flow circut. signal frequency too low. pending dtc - warning lamp on

Iv already changed, the air flow sensor and MAP sensor both brand new from ford (not cheap), PRV and had the pcm update at ford, apparently the van had the latest software on there (as my mechanic requsted a print out of the test) already but they still had to do it due to removing the PRV, checked all pipes no visable leaks or splits in any of them, service the engine with geniune parts like 3times a year minimum change oil and filter every 10,000 mile as i do alot of long distance driving.

The van still has the annoying rough idle problem even after changing all the parts inc service, sometimes will start up and cut out striaght away once, twice, three times in a row but most of time will start on the first turn of key, but recently its started to cut out alot while stoping and starting in slow moving traffic so annoying, its like the vans got bmw's stop/start techonology :lol: and is drinking like a FISH!!!!
Last edited by Eurovanman on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Annoying fault codes!!

Postby Eurovanman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 am

Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Mastertech » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:30 am

Very easy one this. You will have a broken wire either in loom next to the fuse box where it goes in the u bend to the engine or more common it will have broken in the loom that goes down the pipe from the air box to the turbo. Just give the wires a pull and you will find it. Done loads.
I am also an Autolocksmith www.solidlocks.co.uk
Mastertech
Ford Technician

Postby Eurovanman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:56 pm

Appreciate the reply quick reply mate, somebody's said they think that its more than likely a faulty injector, possibly but what you've said does make sense and i going to look into this before the injector as it is a less costly option, and i so hope it is just a broken wire!! But the van drives fine above 10-15 mph just at low revs and idle it seems to have trouble, driveing around town u can literally watch the trip mileage indicator in the clocks go down :x moterway not so bad if you sit at like 65ish anything above that and again you can feel the pound coins droping out your pocket,lol!!

I have checked the loom going down from the air box sensor the the turbo and all wires seem to be in tact, just wanted to double check before i attempt to locate the other part of loom that you said to check... if you were looking at the fuse box is it the u bend to the left, the big chunk of loom that runs above the water pump :?:

see pics please....

http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/t37 ... nt=419.jpg

http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/t37 ... %3D421.jpg
Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Mastertech » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Yes those are the locations. You really have to pull on the wires one by one thought. Also an injector fault will never bring those fault codes up. You have a maf related concern there. Even erg faults won't bring them up. The code you get with egr faults is p0103. It will also be most noticeable below 3000 rpm because maf is only there to control egr on this engine. Egr only operates unto 3000rpm before turbo kicks in. I have repaired this fault many times.
Mastertech
Ford Technician

Postby Eurovanman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Nice one pal, going to nip down the road and get some more electric tape, then have a good look at the u bend section.

Really appreciate your help mate.
Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Eurovanman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Looks like somebody's been in here already, would you agree?

http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/t37 ... G_0596.jpg

the wires that look like they've been joined already arnt the same colours as the maf sensor wires, there green and if you can see both joins have got 2wires joined into a single wire :?

unless i unwrap like the whole loom i feel if i pull on those wires any harder they will snap :!:
Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ake » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:48 pm

They are factory splices
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Eurovanman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Gave up in the end as i thought id do more harm than good :lol:

Is there a way to test if the wire is broken :?: like testing/sending a signal through each of the wires end to end to see if the signal is going through ok :?:

going to take it down to my pals garage tomorrow to see if he can locate the break in wire.

One thing i have noticed tho up until a few weeks ago, it would smoke abit first thing in the morning and if you rev it hard would leave like a black patch on the floor and a good bit of black smoke would come out, now it dsnt not even one bit, dont know its thats anything to do with it but its stop'd doing that ever since the EML light's been on :?

You sound pretty confident you know exactly what it is, do you do any private work by any chance :lol: :?: im in london but im up your way now n then work as a courier, and id pay you whatever you wanted if you did solve the problem :?:
Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Mastertech » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Well to be 100% sure i would check the MAF reading correct in live data. Remeber what can effect the maf reading, like a blocked air filter or a faulty egr valve. If it wasn't reading at all which is usually the case i would check the power at the maf sensor. If that was ok i would normally check the points i showed you as its always there that i find a broken wire. If i couldn't find anything there i would unbolt the pcm and check the wiring with my multimeter between the maf and pcm. If all that was 100% good i would swop a maf sensor which you have already done. If it still didn't work and i was sure all my pin grips were fine in the multiplugs then the only think left is the PCM which i can almost 99% say it won't be that. That is a full check and if done right i guarantee you will find your fault.
Mastertech
Ford Technician

Postby Eurovanman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi yes i can delete the EGR & tune it all at once.. thats the best option & will get rid of egr related faults & MIL lights..

The 1102 MAF code you get is because MAF's main job is to monitor the EGR function by measuring the flow upstream of it so that will go away as well..

If EGR genuinely is stuck open then a blanking plate can be fitted as well as the software mods, rare to actually need this though,

Martyn at vantuner found and has solved my problem, stupid egr valve stuck open and causeing the light to come on, he has deleted the egr valve and says ill never have that problem again... the vans driveing better than it has ever been!!!
Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Mechanic1979 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 pm

How did he delete the egr value and what system did he use??
Mechanic1979

Postby Eurovanman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 am

Honestly mate i dont know how he done it, as im not to clever with the technical side of things :lol:

Just through his laptop/ecu i presume he didnt do any mechanical changes atall, give him a shout ask him how!!
Eurovanman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Gortin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am

My vans the exact same mate,did you resolve the problem.im loosing patience with mine argggggggg
Gortin

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 am

Mechanic1979 wrote:How did he delete the egr value and what system did he use??

He uses his own software. There is no way to do it with official software.

I believe he worked out how to do it, and he hasn't told anyone else how too (commercial secret) so if you want the EGR deleted you will have to go to him
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Technical Problems & Questions