*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

central locking issue

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

central locking issue

Postby dreamwarrioruk » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 am

Hi all
got a 55 plate lwb with an issue im trying to sort. Only has a two button fob, original from ford which operates the front doors only. I have got the lock for the rear door, sadly no pins or locks on side door. I tried a 3 button fob from ford. programmed it and when clicking on the bottom button the lights flash but nothing happens. Removed all the rear door card and separated the loom from the lock, buttons on the twin fob dont work now so it looks like there is the option for remote rear locking. can anyone make a suggestion on what i should be looking at next.
Its really annoying with it being manual unlock of the doors. Need both hands to do lock which is had when arms full of equiptment.
I suppose in one sense its good cause its harder to get into the rear of the van.
any help is appreciated
dreamwarrioruk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: central locking issue

Postby paul2012 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:29 pm

I did have a simular problem with my van when I first got it, As my rear doors would not lock, it turned out to be a faulty interior light switch the side door closes onto. The interior lights stayed on when all door where shut. This was fooling the central locking module into thinking one of the doors was still open so it would only lock the 2 front doors !

Also there is a common problem with rear door wiring looms on connects, they tend to break (or get cut)
I suggest checking the complete rear door wiring loom for damage, or replace it.
Also connects with central locking the side door is also locked & unlock via central locking.

On my 2003 connect I press the lock button once & it locks for front, side door & rear doors. Press the lock button again & all the doors deadlock & indicators flash.
Press the unlock button once & it only unlocks the front doors. Press the unlock button again it then unlocks the side & rear doors.
The third button (blue button) unlocks the side door & rear doors only !

Further more you don't have to use the original remote fob, A 3 buttom remote fob/key from a mondeo, focus or fiesta will all work when programmed, I am currently using a mondeo mk3 flip key remote fob on my connect & all three buttons do exactly what the original remote fob did

Instructions for programming remote fobs

1. Check that the vehicle battery is fully charged and that the anti-theft alarm system is not armed or triggered.

2. Close the vehicle doors.

3. Note: After cycling the ignition, the ignition key must be in position II. Turn the ignition key from position 0 to position II eight times within ten seconds. The door locks will cycle to confirm that the anti-theft alarm and double locking module has entered the programming mode.

4. Press the remote transmitter button within 20 seconds of the anti-theft alarm and double locking module entering the programming mode. The door locks will cycle to confirm that the remote transmitter has been successfully programmed. After a remote transmitter has been successfully programmed, the anti-theft and double locking module will reset the programming mode allowing a further 20 seconds to program the next remote transmitter.Repeat step 4 to program additional remote transmitters.

6. Turn the ignition key to position 0.The door locks will cycle to confirm that the anti-theft alarm and double locking module has exited the programming mode.

7. Test the system for normal operation.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dreamwarrioruk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:08 am

Hi I have checked the door contacts. There is nothing on the rear doors. Only side door. The side door does not have the option of remote central locking. The loom looks ok but will need to strip down and multimeter the length. I got a 3 button fob from ford and the programmed it correctly. When trying it out it worked correct on front doors. Pressing the blue caused the indicator lights to flash but no action on the doorlock. If I disconnect the loom in the rear door then the locks will not cycle at all on any and van remains unlocked. Sort of says some wiring is OK. Loathed to take van off road to get it seen by a ford dealer to fault find before I've had a good hunt myself.
dreamwarrioruk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby paul2012 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:28 am

dreamwarrioruk wrote:Hi I have checked the door contacts. There is nothing on the rear doors. Only side door. The side door does not have the option of remote central locking. The loom looks ok but will need to strip down and multimeter the length. I got a 3 button fob from ford and the programmed it correctly. When trying it out it worked correct on front doors. Pressing the blue caused the indicator lights to flash but no action on the doorlock. If I disconnect the loom in the rear door then the locks will not cycle at all on any and van remains unlocked. Sort of says some wiring is OK. Loathed to take van off road to get it seen by a ford dealer to fault find before I've had a good hunt myself.

The wiring loom for the drivers side rear door can be located between the door hinges (there are no door contacts Just cable)

By pressing the blue button on the remote fob it should only unlock the side & rear doors. It should not flash the indicators, the only time the indicators flash in when the van has been dead locked. - (By pressing the lock buttom twice)

If the loom checks out ok then it may be a faulty lock mech (if this is tthe case then complete lock assembly has to be replaced - very expensive from ford !)

Or it may be a faulty central locking module ? as the side door should work on remote
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dreamwarrioruk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 am

Hi paul
thanks for the info, does the interior light come on when you open the rear door, if so then i have a problem with the loom cause only the side door does that, on an extra pin fitted by the previous company. its like blackpool illuminations in there with the number of floro strips.
Can I also just confirm that my rear side door does not have any electric locks or any pins on either the door or on the passenger panel. So there is no way to actually lock the side door remotely, it is pure key in lock job.
I will look at the loom in more detail.

The interior lights stay on for 30 seconds after the side door is shut but they do go off again. They do not come on when you open the rear door.
regards
dreamwarrioruk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby paul2012 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:09 pm

dreamwarrioruk wrote:Hi paul
thanks for the info, does the interior light come on when you open the rear door, if so then i have a problem with the loom cause only the side door does that, on an extra pin fitted by the previous company. its like blackpool illuminations in there with the number of floro strips.
Can I also just confirm that my rear side door does not have any electric locks or any pins on either the door or on the passenger panel. So there is no way to actually lock the side door remotely, it is pure key in lock job.
I will look at the loom in more detail.

The interior lights stay on for 30 seconds after the side door is shut but they do go off again. They do not come on when you open the rear door.
regards

Yes the interior lights should come on when you open the rear doors.

Reguarding the side door (door that slides open) it appears that it may have been modified, As the connect vans are not fitted with a Key lock/barrel in the side door.
May help if you could post a photo of your side door. See below pics for component locations

2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dreamwarrioruk » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 am

thanks for this.
A picture isnt necessary, it appears that mine has been modified. I do not have any contacts in the side door or on the pillar and I have a lock barrel for a key. The same key fits all 5 locks on the van. On the rear door the light contact is not there and after investigating there isnt even the wire present that should go to the contact.
The van was an ex utilities electric van and has maples alarm system, had a tracker in it and a battery guard ( so can always start) even if left lights on all day, reversing sensors, and a few other bits added extra.
Looks like im just gonna have to put up with the manual version for the back of the van.
Does the 20 amp fuse behind fuseboard cover all locks or is there 2 fuses?

just read another thread regarding ex national grid connects. The side and rear doors were adjusted to be slam locks and the side door had a manual lock fitted and the electric parts with c/l removed. This explains a lot also with all the extra wiring in there, modified from standard.
Side door electrification requires a new lock and contacts and fob reprogramming, more work required to get it to standard, might be more hassle than its worth, at least if its hard for me to get into it may deter a thief.
dreamwarrioruk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect