*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

delay in throttle response

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: delay in throttle response

Postby V184 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:46 pm

if its the turbo actuator whack it with a 6" Draper philips screw driver worked on mine :D
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby tilly » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm

The actuator moves when revving the engine, so it doesnt seem to be the problem. Did a 100 mile trip yesterday and noticed that if you back off the throttle and reapply power, thats when the power drops off.. Throttle pedal seems to be ok.
Mk7, FWD 110ps GLX in Silver 2007
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tilly » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Replaced the EGR valve today, and reset the fault code, which was saying surprisingly, its an EGR fault.

Problem is still there Im afraid. Have filled up with Shells uber expensive diesel, and added a full bottle of fuel treatment, so see if it can give the injectors a good cleanout. Had the van on OBD2SPy and checked the throttle pedal, and it works perfectly. Will be looking into this a little more now. At least the amber management light is finally out.
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kevinm » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 pm

I repaired the crack in the iintercoooler rad and drove the van. For nearly a week it was perfect, the rad repair has definitely made it smother and more responsive but this morning I pumped the throttle and it didnt respond.after a few thumps on the wheel and few nice words. I went down the road. Anywaymy point is this when it happened again I thought it felt like a release of pressure the way it just slumped. I looked at other posts and there are a lot about the pressure relief valve on the fuel rail,prv valve .
my engine is the 2.4 tdci, does anyone know if the valve is on my engine anf is it the switch with the plug on it facing the front of the van. Any help.
kevinm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby tilly » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Kevin, I replaced my fuel filter this morning, and BINGO, its back to normal. Power is back, and it doesnt lose power when you back off the throttle, or pull away... Found a load of sediment and water in the filter, which must have built up. Filter was £27 plus vat at Ford, and it took all of 10 minutes to change....
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kevinm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 am

Hello Tilly, ye yesterday I went anf got an original ford fuel filter and put it on. I drove the van and not a problem I was delighted but I went to fill up about eight ocloock yesterday evening and as I puled out on the road and into second it happened again. Pissed off and ready.to burn it I went on the Web again. A friend of mine told me the land rover discovery two has yhe same engine. I clicked onto their forum and would believe a host of posts about the very same thing with some original ford servive documents. Anywayy point it pointed to the switch on the clutch pedal. This switch reduces the engine revs when changing gear knocks them back to 3000. Try it rev the van above 3000 and push the clutch in, the revs fall back to 3000 exactly the spot where it would go when power fell away. I took the switch from another van last night and drove for a few hours and again this morning the van worked 100%. Fingers crossed that's it, if anything changes I willpost the bad news. Hope yours is sorted.
kevinm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby tilly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Lets hope it is.... hope this thread helps someone else as well...!!
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby trannydenz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 pm

just thought i'd let you know i changed my egr valve today as when it was cold it run poor and throttle response was very poor (only when cold) 115 ps 6 speed rwd, problem now gone, cheap egr off ebay £105 new. iv'e noticed that the actuator rod by the turbo doesn't move when revved and seems seized, wouldn't this cause lack of power or smoke etc as van is now driving fine and pulls ok :)
trannydenz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tilly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 am

Have you still got problems with lack of power ?
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby martynx » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 am

trannydenz wrote:just thought i'd let you know i changed my egr valve today as when it was cold it run poor and throttle response was very poor (only when cold) 115 ps 6 speed rwd, problem now gone, cheap egr off ebay £105 new. iv'e noticed that the actuator rod by the turbo doesn't move when revved and seems seized, wouldn't this cause lack of power or smoke etc as van is now driving fine and pulls ok :)

It's very stiff but should move with grips lime swan necks. When stationary the power is limited so you usually won't see any movement unless its driving

On higher Ps models (over 115) the turbo has an electronic actuator and this type will move its arm when stationary.

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits