Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Need a certain part? Ask on here!

Moderator: Luke

Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby tedbullpit » Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 am

Hi all, I'm looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack ! I can't seem to find one in Australia, I'm wanting the pedal assembly to suit my van. ( 6/96 2.5tdi, manual box) Must have two electrical plugs. Or is it possible to adapt later model pedals to suit ? I believe 98/99 models have a single plug. Thanks to anyone reads this and can help. Cheers, Mick.
tedbullpit
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby Chuggy » Wed May 23, 2018 9:32 am

Chuggy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 pm
Location: Tring, Hertfordshire

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby tedbullpit » Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 am

Hi Chuggy, thanks for the reply. I've seen that one but it appears to only have one plug. Attached is a photo of mine, so I'm wondering if I cut the loom above mine, and obtain a pedal and loom plug as per your photo, and solder the wires, would it still work like it's supposed too ?
20180522_123207-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tedbullpit
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby Fastfish » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Never seen one with 2 plugs, best remove it as that maybe just a micro switch, I have a pedal from a 100ps tdi here
Fastfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby tedbullpit » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:58 am

So I bit the bullet and swapped out my two plug pedal for a single plug version ! Doing so didn't resolve the issue i have but its one less thing I have to check. Bonus was the pedal only cost AU $25 ...
tedbullpit
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby Fastfish » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 pm

tedbullpit wrote:So I bit the bullet and swapped out my two plug pedal for a single plug version ! Doing so didn't resolve the issue i have but its one less thing I have to check. Bonus was the pedal only cost AU $25 ...


You get this sorted yet?
Fastfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby tedbullpit » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Not as yet .. still putting up with it .. so bare with me while I explain. pump will put itself into limp mode .. someone in its past life has taken the three wires which run from a sensor on the pump (located between pump and head .. I believe its a speed sensor ? ) .. and bypassed the multiplug at the rear and rejoined them. I found early on that if I disconnected this 3 wire plug when the eml light came on, (with engine running) , then turned engine off .. rejoined plug and restarted engine .. eml light would go out and we'd be happy. So I cut a wire and ran it inside to a switch and back again .. basically so i didn't have to stop on the road all the time. It works fine .. but hasn't solved the problem. I read somewhere on this forum that a faulty pedal would cause intermittent ecu problems but since I've replaced the pedal, nothing changed. Local ford dealer no longer has diagnostic tool to read any codes and I cant locate a reader anywhere so I'm trying pot luck with sensors as i can afford it. And waiting till timing belt is due for replacement so I can replace that sensor while its already partially disassembled .
tedbullpit
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby Fastfish » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 pm

tedbullpit wrote:Not as yet .. still putting up with it .. so bare with me while I explain. pump will put itself into limp mode .. someone in its past life has taken the three wires which run from a sensor on the pump (located between pump and head .. I believe its a speed sensor ? ) .. and bypassed the multiplug at the rear and rejoined them. I found early on that if I disconnected this 3 wire plug when the eml light came on, (with engine running) , then turned engine off .. rejoined plug and restarted engine .. eml light would go out and we'd be happy. So I cut a wire and ran it inside to a switch and back again .. basically so i didn't have to stop on the road all the time. It works fine .. but hasn't solved the problem. I read somewhere on this forum that a faulty pedal would cause intermittent ecu problems but since I've replaced the pedal, nothing changed. Local ford dealer no longer has diagnostic tool to read any codes and I cant locate a reader anywhere so I'm trying pot luck with sensors as i can afford it. And waiting till timing belt is due for replacement so I can replace that sensor while its already partially disassembled .


Where are based, I have a complete set up that is laying doing nothing,you can have it all incl loom pump etc etc if it would help you...but imo your much better off going mechanical pump and never see an EML again
Fastfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby tedbullpit » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi, I'm in Tasmania, Australia. And I thank you for your offer. But depending on your location, I fear freight costs might too high. I have considered a Bosch mechanical which I can source locally for about $3000 , which would solve the problem, but as the van has only a $2500/3500 value in good running order, that option doesn't seem worthwhile. The van actually goes really well 80% of the time, it just frustrates me when we find limp mode .. I may just give up and find another vehicle and sell the van !
tedbullpit
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby Fastfish » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 pm

tedbullpit wrote:Hi, I'm in Tasmania, Australia. And I thank you for your offer. But depending on your location, I fear freight costs might too high. I have considered a Bosch mechanical which I can source locally for about $3000 , which would solve the problem, but as the van has only a $2500/3500 value in good running order, that option doesn't seem worthwhile. The van actually goes really well 80% of the time, it just frustrates me when we find limp mode .. I may just give up and find another vehicle and sell the van !


3000 bucks...ouch...mine was £150 with a free engine attached to it and £15 for a manual pedal and cable
Fastfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby tedbullpit » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 pm

Lucky you !
Finding parts here is like looking for hens teeth. And oem are just too expensive. On example is the hose from radiator fill bottle to the engine and oil pump .. funny shaped Tstyle .. $220 .. lift pump $346 .. but I sourced that ex UK for $92 including freight and in only 6 days. In the last 12 months I've replaced alternator, starter, lift pump, radiator, master cylinder, so I'm about over throwing money at it?
Make me an offer .. I'll post it to you :lol:
tedbullpit
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby Fastfish » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:54 pm

tedbullpit wrote:Lucky you !
Finding parts here is like looking for hens teeth. And oem are just too expensive. On example is the hose from radiator fill bottle to the engine and oil pump .. funny shaped Tstyle .. $220 .. lift pump $346 .. but I sourced that ex UK for $92 including freight and in only 6 days. In the last 12 months I've replaced alternator, starter, lift pump, radiator, master cylinder, so I'm about over throwing money at it?
Make me an offer .. I'll post it to you :lol:


LOLZ why is stuff so dear?
Fastfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Mk 5 2.5tdi throttle pedal

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Fastfish wrote:
tedbullpit wrote:Lucky you !
Finding parts here is like looking for hens teeth. And oem are just too expensive. On example is the hose from radiator fill bottle to the engine and oil pump .. funny shaped Tstyle .. $220 .. lift pump $346 .. but I sourced that ex UK for $92 including freight and in only 6 days. In the last 12 months I've replaced alternator, starter, lift pump, radiator, master cylinder, so I'm about over throwing money at it?
Make me an offer .. I'll post it to you :lol:


LOLZ why is stuff so dear?

Might be confusing the numbers when looking at them upside down :wink: A 2 looks like a 5 if you turn your screen :mrgreen:
Theres the good guys,theres the bad guys but there only ever be one SPEED GUY
User avatar
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5874
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: 24 Years living next door to Alice


Return to Transit Parts Wanted



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users