*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 2.4 RWD exhaust bits.

Need a certain part? Ask on here!

Moderator: Luke

Mk7 2.4 RWD exhaust bits.

Postby Jim Archer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:18 pm

Me side exit exhaust plan is moving forward, therefore I'm after the short piece of pipe and flange that is welded on the front of the stock silencer (or aftermarket if larger than Ø60.5mm O/D) and the wiggley section that goes over the rear axle.

Not too bothered if a bit scabby as using to mock up, as long as it's solid enough to be able to swage/expand and/or weld.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Mk7 2.4 RWD exhaust bits.

Postby andz327 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:25 am

Jim Archer wrote:Me side exit exhaust plan is moving forward, therefore I'm after the short piece of pipe and flange that is welded on the front of the stock silencer (or aftermarket if larger than Ø60.5mm O/D) and the wiggley section that goes over the rear axle.

Not too bothered if a bit scabby as using to mock up, as long as it's solid enough to be able to swage/expand and/or weld.

Jim
Jim there's plenty new pipe bits bends straights etc on ebay really cheap ,probably everything you need , i replaced the flexy and its quite a big yin and was only aboot 10 sheckles and it was slotted so straight pipe would fit if you were wanting to do away with the flange, , i maybe doing away with ma silencer altogether in the near future with the pipe coming out the side down nearer the rear wheel ImageImage

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jim Archer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:27 pm

I had considered that, but want to be able to keep the stock downpipe mounting in case the straight through silencer and short tailpipe are too noisy on long high speed journeys. Or the MOT man spots it ......

The idea being that the new pipework would still suit the standard silencer box, all be it with a shortened outlet.

Jim
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby andz327 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:37 am

I tried mine after i cut old flexi off and it was suprisingly quiet, the turbo takes most of the noise away ...... Thats the boy racer in us trying to get oot mate hahaha

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jim Archer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:05 am

I may have found a OE Ford SVO tailpipe solution as fitted to Ambulances. Arriving mid week hopefully. Should slip over the standard silencer outlet pipe, just cut it short to suit the mounting of the side exit bit - being a Jumbo, the outlet is about 3 miles long to join the bit that wiggles over the axle.

Jim
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Parts Wanted