*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MT75 wanted MK3 xmember propshaft etc.

Need a certain part? Ask on here!

Moderator: Luke

MT75 wanted MK3 xmember propshaft etc.

Postby doggypaddle » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:34 pm

Hi All
I am constantly looking for another gear driving the MK2 100L. It has fairly short legs on a 4.56 diff and 4 speed. :roll:
Could go overdrive box or MT75 or even a type 9 anything considered.
favouring the MT75 or overdrive route at moment.
Anyway I am in the market for gearbox, crossmember, propshaft, adapter plate for a 2.0 SOHC Pinto etc etc. hopefully not too far away from Monmouthshire Wales.
keep seeing suitable boxes 250 miles away and I would rather not waste a day on a short notice round trip from an online purchase that turns out to be gash full of water etc..
please PM me if you can help.
cheers :D
doggypaddle
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: MT75 wanted MK3 xmember propshaft etc.

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:03 am

I've got a complete mk4 100L available as spares/repairs... Running and driving so you can test drive it on the farm, but minimal brakes and no MOT etc so would need transporting.

Only problem is that its a diesel. It has got a pinto with (type 9) adaptor plate sat in the back though. The Pinto is spoken for (its fire damaged so would need a rebuild) but I am really struggling to get the bloke to collect it - so it may all be available :lol: The type 9 adaptor plate has though holes rather than tapped ones so nuts would be required.

Its a shame really - a fortnight ago I sold a complete type 9 conversion kit on ebay.

my workshop is in Lechlade, so not a gazillion miles away :)

I do have loose MT75 gearboxes/ mk5 propshafts and crossmembers too. I haven't driven any of the loose gearboxes though

Whatever route you go down there will have to be some fab work with propshafts/gearbox crossmember etc to graft it in to a mk2
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby doggypaddle » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:26 pm

MinorMatt wrote:I've got a complete mk4 100L available as spares/repairs... Running and driving so you can test drive it on the farm, but minimal brakes and no MOT etc so would need transporting.

Only problem is that its a diesel. It has got a pinto with (type 9) adaptor plate sat in the back though. The Pinto is spoken for (its fire damaged so would need a rebuild) but I am really struggling to get the bloke to collect it - so it may all be available :lol: The type 9 adaptor plate has though holes rather than tapped ones so nuts would be required.

Its a shame really - a fortnight ago I sold a complete type 9 conversion kit on ebay.

my workshop is in Lechlade, so not a gazillion miles away :)

I do have loose MT75 gearboxes/ mk5 propshafts and crossmembers too. I haven't driven any of the loose gearboxes though

Whatever route you go down there will have to be some fab work with propshafts/gearbox crossmember etc to graft it in to a mk2

PM sent
doggypaddle
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Ralph.9 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:12 am

Why not change the diff ratio, its a lot easier. The MK2 100L uses a unique prop when your fitting either a MT75 or overdrive box.
Ralph.9
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby doggypaddle » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:33 pm

Ralph.9 wrote:Why not change the diff ratio, its a lot easier. The MK2 100L uses a unique prop when your fitting either a MT75 or overdrive box.

beacuse im still waiting for you to find me a 4.11 or 3.9 diff :lol: :lol:
doggypaddle
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Ralph.9 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:32 am

I will check what I have today, I know I have a 3.5.
Ralph.9
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:46 am

Is a mk2 100L 5 stud or 6 stud wheels?
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby doggypaddle » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:46 pm

5 stud square tube 34?axle.
Not intending to change the axle but could probably run a higher ratio diff. dont want 1st to be too tall though.
definetly going to a five speed also anyway though.
Convinced MT75 is the way to go. so need a box or 2 a prop to donate the flange and slider and a xmember to butcher to fit.
also adapter plate release brgn and clutch fork.
not sure about a 3.5 diff ralph, theres 1 in 4 hills around here :lol:
doggypaddle
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Parts Wanted