*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Seat belt mounting bolts needed for 1995 Transit

Need a certain part? Ask on here!

Moderator: Luke

Seat belt mounting bolts needed for 1995 Transit

Postby hetman » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:57 pm

I'm having a very difficult time finding these bolts for my Mk5 Transit, and don't know if they would be the same thread for earlier or later vans. The same thread is used on the bolts that attach the spare tire mount to the frame. The Ford dealer says no bolts are available unless I buy a whole set of new seatbelts, and I haven't found any used parts anywhere online either. I don't absolutely need the same exact bolts which are used to mount the seat belts, just the same approximate length and thread of course.

I also need whatever device is designed to operate the spare tire lift mechanism through a hole directly between the rear door sill and bumper. This did not come with my van when I bought it and I have been unsuccessful finding one anywhere. The spare tire mount which houses a cable lifting mechanism is actuated by some kind of octagonal socket about 9/16" which turns the cable pulley.

Please help me find these items; I appreciate it greatly. I'm located in Poland.
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Seat belt mounting bolts needed for 1995 Transit

Postby Keef » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:55 am

I have these parts but I don't know if the postage costs to Poland would make it impractical?
Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby hetman » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Keef wrote:I have these parts but I don't know if the postage costs to Poland would make it impractical?

No, sir! At this point I feel the postage costs would be a small price to pay to have these parts. I'm actually looking for 6 of the seatbelt anchor bolts (as I wish to put them into the holes designated for them in the back of the van), but the bolts under the van for the spare tire hoist are equally OK as far as I'm concerned. In some online catalog, I saw another item which can fit into these holes, and that is a hook or tie-down eyelet, to assist in tying down cargo, I imagine. Has anyone ever seen such a bolt with an eyelet on the open side? I'd love to have a couple of those if available.

As for the other item, the handle to operate this hoist system, I've never seen one before so I have no idea what it looks like or how big or long it is. Is it merely a socket that attaches to some other handle? Or is it one handle with the socket as an integral part of it?

Please let me know what you have and how much you'd like for the parts, and then how much shipping would be to Warsaw. I'm very grateful for this. I've been rebuilding my van and the interior work is stuck at this point. Thank you!
DSC_2625.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:03 pm

They are 7/16th UNF Grade 8.8 - you should be able to source some of them fairly easily? 99.9% of vehicles use the same regardless of manufacturer
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Keef » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:31 pm

Do you want the bolts with the captive washers or the ones without and which style of handle fits your carrier?
20211206_135032.jpg

20211206_135207.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby hetman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:36 am

MinorMatt wrote:They are 7/16th UNF Grade 8.8 - you should be able to source some of them fairly easily? 99.9% of vehicles use the same regardless of manufacturer

Thanks. That's what I thought but I have had zero luck tracking something like this down in Poland.
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby hetman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:44 am

Keef wrote:Do you want the bolts with the captive washers or the ones without and which style of handle fits your carrier?
20211206_135032.jpg

20211206_135207.jpg

I will post pictures of my carrier below (not installed yet until I have a way to use it). I have never seen the handle mechanism in my life, and don't have one, so I wouldn't know what I'm looking at. I didn't know there were different types. My van is a 1995. The carrier is a replacement OEM used one from a MkV Transit, or so it was billed when I bought it. It looks identical to the one I had to cut apart with an angle grinder to remove from the frame, along with the spare wheel. They were rusted together, it was so bad. The carrier socket appears to be octagonal but I'm not sure if the edges are straight, or perhaps geared? Again, I rely on your expertise to find the correct one. Of course my wheels are the 14" 5-lug ones, not the 15", and the carrier is supposedly for my correct wheels.

As for the bolts, I need at least 6 of them, 2 with the washers and 4 without. Or perhaps more for spares if you can spare them. Aren't there also some spacers or other parts for some of the belt mounting points?
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 am

That is a mk5 spare wheel carrier and needs the handle like Keef has shown on the left

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

93 L GL Minibus

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Keef » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:10 pm

I've sent you a pm Mike
Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby hetman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:12 pm

MinorMatt wrote:That is a mk5 spare wheel carrier and needs the handle like Keef has shown on the left

Thank you, Matt, for clarifying that. It does appear octagonal on the inside, but don't the outer edges make a square pattern? It seems it won't fit well into the round entrance to the carrier and bolt. And I'm grateful to Keith for helping me find these apparently rare parts. Cheers.
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MinorMatt » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:35 pm

A square peg will fit in to a round hole - if the hole is large enough... ;)

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

93 L GL Minibus

MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby hetman » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Keef wrote:I've sent you a pm Mike

I've written back twice but no response yet and don't know if you have received my messages.
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Keef » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:49 pm

Sorry Mike, I've been really busy the last few days.
A couple of pics so you know where the swivel spacers go, they wont fit on the stalk as the hole is too small.
I only have two sets of seatbelt bolts I'm afraid, the bolts with the captive washers are for bolting down minibus rear seats.
20211208_132225.jpg

20211208_131927.jpg
Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby hetman » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Keef wrote:Sorry Mike, I've been really busy the last few days.
A couple of pics so you know where the swivel spacers go, they wont fit on the stalk as the hole is too small.
I only have two sets of seatbelt bolts I'm afraid, the bolts with the captive washers are for bolting down minibus rear seats.
20211208_132225.jpg

20211208_131927.jpg

I wrote a few things in the private message. I don't necessarily need the captive washer equipped bolts but I could use them. I like the idea of having the swivel mechanism. I would like a minimum of 6 bolts, so that would be all the bolts to one set of front belts (3 bolts per belt). I don't know if you're willing to part with just the bolts, or would you want to sell the whole belt set as one lot.
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby hetman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:37 pm

I have located suitable bolts from a Chrysler minivan, so I no longer am searching for these bolts. Thank you all for your help.
Mike
hetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Parts Wanted