*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby ocorfe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi All,

About to take possession of Mk6 LWB Transit with the aim of eventually converting to a camper. In the mean time I'm looking to fit side windows and a pair in the back doors. Any ideas of local window fitters offering good deals in Portsmouth/Southampton area? Would consider having a crack at it but as ham fisted as I am and lucky as I've been of late I'm not going to tempt fate.

Cheers

Ocorfe
ocorfe
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby belly » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:16 am

Hi, TW Windscreens in Totton are pretty good :wink: There friendly helpfull and do conversion windows, also run Transits 8)
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
User avatar
belly
Kaiser Chief
 
Posts: 10462
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: southampton

Re: Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby ocorfe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:06 pm

belly, cheers for that I'll drop them a line.

Ocorfe
ocorfe
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby Terry » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:10 am

Belly
TW Windscreens maybe good at windows but they are FU**ING useless at answering their phone.
Either the number on their website is wrong or they just don't answer the damn thing, I have tried 2 or 3 times a day every day last week, NOTHING. I don't want to use their website contact thingy, being an old fart I want to actually just SPEAK to someone.
Meanwhile have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in
Pallet Puller
Terry
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Sunbury On Thames

Re: Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby belly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:48 am

Terry wrote:Belly
TW Windscreens maybe good at windows but they are FU**ING useless at answering their phone.
Either the number on their website is wrong or they just don't answer the damn thing, I have tried 2 or 3 times a day every day last week, NOTHING. I don't want to use their website contact thingy, being an old fart I want to actually just SPEAK to someone.
Meanwhile have fun
Terry


That's fair enough, if they won't answer the phone then i wouldn't bother with them either :roll: They did a mates Transporter whilst I was at his.
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
User avatar
belly
Kaiser Chief
 
Posts: 10462
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: southampton

Re: Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby AndyG » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby Terry » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi Andy
Thanks for that ,although I did read it. Truth is I have access to a plasma cutter and could easily fit them myself ........... were I brave enough !
I just can't get my head round...
1, No paint removed to enable 'keying' the glue, meaning the paint holds the window on.
2, Glue of any sort being strong enough to hold up a sizeable and weighty piece of glass.(LWB)
3, If it falls off I want someone else to blame :lol:
Thanx & have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in
Pallet Puller
Terry
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Sunbury On Thames

Re: Mk6 LWB window fitting in Portsmouth/Southampton area

Postby valetech » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 am

I was a bus and coach windscreen fitter,I used to fit bonded windscreen and double glazed side bay Windows that was a 3 man lift the mastic will easlier hold your transit Windows.just sand the paint work down a little and make sure you use a windscreen mastic primer.once bonded in just tape the window till try about an hour
molested by:
Image

19s is how we roll
User avatar
valetech
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:58 pm
Location: bishops stortford hertfordshire


Return to Customising and one offs



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.