*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


One handed modifications!

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: One handed modifications!

Postby rover » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:29 pm

blue meanie wrote:just found this thread,super job mate 8) 8) .the water bottles are of concern tho...i'd ave lager in mine :P :lol: .


When the time comes for the next Billing meet it will be Bacardi n Coke in them :P

Does that box thingy not get in the way of the handbrake operation? Also does it interfere with the operation of the gearstick?


I only need to lift the front flap on the box to use the handbrake, but being auto it only gets used when I'm parked up, and with a useless thumb at the mo its not getting used at all :lol: No it doest interfere with the gearstick at all, thats one of the reasons it was in and out so much while I was making it.


Can I trouble you for some info on the seats - ie what they're out of and how they fitted to the van. Seats in mine are the original vinyl items - which although they have NO RIPS(!!) are not much to look at. Those in yours are as smart as toast.


The seats were brand new from Maccess @£100 the pair, I used angle iron to adapt the base for the drivers seat so I still had the 'rise n fall' mechanism, and the passenger seat used to be mangled together on the original twin seat base, it was a mess and I hated it for ages, once I decided I would make a console I had no choice but to make a proper base for it :D

PS. Sorry it took so long for the replies, I was on holiday and then forgot I had made this thread so didnt check :oops:

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Previous

Return to Customising and one offs



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.