*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Our MK6-MK7 Tourneo Front End & Dashboard Conversion

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Our MK6-MK7 Tourneo Front End & Dashboard Conversion

Postby jay » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:48 pm

thats a good point about air bag.. my has wiring in place but i never had pass bag fitted from new....i am sure on my plug was a blank with resister on it... only trouble is i got my dash in place and a bit hard to go check now hopefully someone with a mk6 dash in place will have a look... only way to tell for now is remove air bag plug and see but i expect the bulb will be on,can just remove bulb for now as not a mot failure yet
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks Jay for your reply, I did read earlier after i posted about the airbag something about a resistor bypass. I need some more info about it or some pictures if anyone can please :) I don't really want to take out the airbag bulb :)

Tony :)
I have never liked a sardine can with a bonnet, How can you possibly own the road
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Punto443 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Passenger plug has a link with built in resistor fitted on single airbag, try the scrappies, or try and find a passenger airbag :D
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby paul2012 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:47 pm

2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Cheers Punto :D I didn't realise i could plug in a mk7 airbag, I may just do that due to extra saftey :) Another problem i may have is i have air con, Is it just the mk6 heater control i have to keep or will there be any more mods for the mk7 dashboard? :)
I have never liked a sardine can with a bonnet, How can you possibly own the road
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Cheers paul as well :) I will check our local scrapyard first as they are only around the corner :D Can i just plug in the airbag or is there more, My mk6 connector will fit i guess?
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jay » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:33 pm

I to have air con i used my mk6 heater controls they do fit fine had no trouble with mine... some say u must use mk7 ones as cable to short.. i just undone the mk7 from the dash and screwed in my mk6 ones..
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Cheers Jay, Well that's given me piece of mind now, I guess i have all the info i need right now :) I am waiting for the new year & i will start to get my act together & make a start on it :) But i'm sure there will be a few more questions somewhere down the line :lol:
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jay » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:07 pm

ask away if u think of more...
I have another 1.. if u have electric mirror and mk7 dash dont u need drivers cup holder with hole for mirror switch... see puntos thread for hazard switch and do the same if you have heated screens..I have for now heated screen switch fit in the hole on the blanks ok.. oh yeah cigarette wiring I left the one by the fuse box i fitted another in passenger top box and wired it to that one.. the old one in the mk6 dash i plugged into the dash one on mk7 dash but then added wires from that to the drivers top box cigarette lighter but i fitted a twin usb connector in its place to charge phone...
for the hole in the floor either cut a bit of metal and screw over the hole(weld if u want) or i was told a auto gearbox(hard to find 1 myself) blanking plate which bolts in the old holes, a bit of metal or plastic will do the job cheaper..
I found as well my heater duct pipes didnt line up and i had to fit 2 to make them fit but that might be as mine has aic con and a executive which i found has a diffrent heater box to non executives but easy enough to cut to make everything fit i did my dash swap in the road in a day for the major bits and half a day doing minor things like the switch bits and heating and cutting dash binicule to get my clocks fitting ok...if digi dash should fit easier.. but easy to do again
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:21 pm

A few more good tips there Jay thanks :D I hoping to swap around some wires for the screen switches & hazzard switch :D I'm always modifying switches & pcb boards with my job so we'll see. I'm starting it soon so should be fun :D
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:31 pm

I had a check today to see if the mk7 heater that came with the mk7 dashboard was compatible with my mk6 dashboard, But i cannot use it because i have air con, My mk6 heater has 1 cable & the mk7 has 2 cables. The mk6 heater has an electronic change over for the temperature. So i have a mk7 heater & control panel up for grabs if anybody wants it cheap. Also doubled checked that i do have all the loom & plugs & correct fusebox for the heated screen :D I have the relays being sent to me from Punto :) Thanks Punto
Tony
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:06 am

Bought a few bits over the last couple weeks, I think we are going to get the interior done first due to cold weather. We bought a c max light switch that does the front & rear fogs with the tale tale lights, No mods were required, We bought a couple relays from punto for the front heated screen, We bought a resistor to blank of the passenger side air bag, And also the front carpet. I have modified the mk7 hazzard switch with the help of a file & glue, Also we have bought a complete mk7 dashboard, I am going to buy a couple focus mk2 switches for the front & rear heated screens, They are the same as the mk7 transit switches :) I have found out we got the high spec loom so we have no probs for electric windows / mirrors / heated screen etc. So we are slowly slowly getting there, Just trying to find the time.
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:31 pm

I like that mk7 floor cover.

Nice find 8)
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Thanks Paul, I grabbed it from ebay as soon as i seen it, Its mint :)
tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tony&kasia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Finally found & bought these for £35 :lol:

tony&kasia
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Customising and one offs