*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 9 seat crew

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Mk7 9 seat crew

Postby murphkid » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Thought I'd start a thread for my 9 seater as I'm starting to get cracking with it! Hopefully will pick up some tips along the way.

So far the to do list includes:

Stereo: New DVD head unit. Replace door speakers with 6.5" rounds (got adapters but might require some modding by looks of things...) 4 speakers in rear (in storage area above cab and 2 on bulkhead) on a switcher, on their own amp, (will explain in a bit...) 22" TV in rear, some sort of games console under rear seats.

Lighting: Some LED strips on ceiling in rear.

Power: Fuse box from one of the 3 60a user points running x4 8v USB sockets and other AV/Lighting in rear. Inverter for 230v AC.

And whatever else I think of along the way :)

So far just swapped out the stock head unit for a sony DVD unit and installed the LED strips in. Plan is to have the rear 4 speakers on a switcher that let's you swap between the Playstation dvd sound and the stereo sound. Then have the output from the switcher run to a potentiometer in one of the slots on the dash and run back to the amp. That way I can have independent control over say a movie playing in the back and radio in the front.

Here's a pic of the HU installed. Bought a big old instal kit and literally just needed the fascia and what came with the HU in the end !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
murphkid

Return to Customising and one offs