*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Has anyone ever?

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Has anyone ever?

Postby Transitbob tdi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 pm

I had a bit of an idea at work today and wondered if its ever been done before? A mk6 fwd van retro fitted with the VW 2.8/9 vr6 engine & box? Theres still plenty of decent donor vw's available & a seemingly plentiful supply of swb vans with buggered engines. Would it be a viable project or has my last marble fell out my pocket?

Its a smooth & powerful lump the vr6 & has tons of tuning options with the possibility of running lpg too.

Also considering a LWB with the Volvo T5 lump in there running RWD, also has massive tuning potential too. 300bhp is just a remap away! Lol

Hmmmm, i think my v70 should be afraid. VERY afraid! :mrgreen:
Transitbob tdi
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Has anyone ever?

Postby TIMO » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:44 pm

looks like youre the first,, go head pal,,, the world needs more pioneers :D
BBC = British Broadcasting Conspiracy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj82wxnO ... r_embedded
TIMO
Remapped by Vantuner

Re: Has anyone ever?

Postby Transitbob tdi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:13 am

Thanks for the reply, not sure if pioneer is right though. Possibly "loony with a welder" is closer! Lol

Surely either conversion cant be that much of a headache though? At the end of the day, its all just nuts, bolts & wires isnt it? Perhaps I'll look a bit closer at the Volvo conversion when I've finished my smiley td swap. 300bhp, rwd & a lot of sideways action can't be bad surely? 8)
Transitbob tdi
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Customising and one offs