*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Racking - Aerial Installer

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Transit Racking - Aerial Installer

Postby Dangs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:25 am

Hey Guys new to Transit am TV aerial and Satellite Installer and looking to see if any of your guys are in the trade and how you have the back of your van racked out,
Dangs

Re: Transit Racking - Aerial Installer

Postby ABA » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am

hi I have been in the trade now since 1982 and enjoy every minite of it the best bit is the look on peoples faces when you've done and they have a decent picture they can watch, the only racking in the back of my transit swb is just behind the seats as wide as the van but only as high as the top of the seat with shelfs about 8 inch deep this is for what I use about right there are about 5 shelfs for me little things f plugs clips the small stuff aerials masts lashings cradles just lie on the floor a bloke told me many years ago find a job you really enjy so its like a hobby and you will never have to work again and he was dead right only trouble is you get most of the crap as well I live in Nottingham and have even been all the way down to Bristol to fit a sky dish because what the customer wanted no body would do makes no difference to me they want to pay I don't mind taking there money but ive never ripped any one off
ABA
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Transit Racking - Aerial Installer

Postby Dangs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 am

I’m in N.Ireland Mate have been in the trade all my life my father done it when I was a child and I always enjoyed doing it I have been driving a Renault Trafic the past 10 years and was good enough van just lately it giving trouble so thought I’d change to ford, the Renault I jab shelved up one side for decent size boxs carrying amplifiers, diplexers, box’s etc with hobby box’s for smaller fitting coaxs plugs etc, with false floor to slide steps underneath, still interested to see other guys setups see if there’s any tricks I could use when knitting out new van
Dangs

Return to Customising and one offs