*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Removable seats, side window and partition Window

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Removable seats, side window and partition Window

Postby Gtrance » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi

I currently have a 2008 lwb medium roof transit. The space in the back is just right for my business needs (furniture)

However I am now looking to replace the van with one roughly 3 to 4 years old. In the new one, I would ideally like to add a row of removable seats behind the driver seat. A window or similar in the partition so we can all see and speak to each other. A side Window in the side door to give the rear seats more light.

It would be important that the seats can be easily taken in or out as required. Ideally when out, the floor seat fixings of the van would be recessed in the floor so I can still slide furniture around without the fixings in the way.

Is all this possible? Is there a certain model I should look for to make the job easier? Anything I haven't thought of?

I've tried searching for dual cabin vans but the back space is easy too small.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really welcome.

Thanks
Gtrance

Re: Removable seats, side window and partition Window

Postby Rattytransit » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 pm

Look on Ebay at unwin rails and minibus seats. They may be suitable
Rattytransit

Re: Removable seats, side window and partition Window

Postby GuyT » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:43 am

Hello Gtrance,

I've looked into adding seats into a van, adding windows etc and come to the conclusion that its cheaper to buy the seats already factory fitted (you can of course easily change a door from a standard to a door with a window). I'm looking to design a van for work, kids and camping so I concluded that factory fitted seats seemed almost the only way to go as in my opinion there is a VERY grey area in regard to after market fitted seats and insurance and also alot of them seem to be badly done aka drill a hole in the floor and bolt on. The factory fitted seats are bolted in with hex bolts (or whatever they are) and look easily removable. Like you I want the rear seats to be easily removable and an unobstructed floor to be left behind. I looked at Unwin systems briefly and they do look good but Unwin were not helpful when I called them, maybe I got the wrong person on the wrong day but I didn't get a great deal of help.

Id be interested to know what solution you find so please update. My whole project/idea is onhold right now but factory fitted seemed the only way to go.

Cheers
GuyT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Customising and one offs