*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ROLLER PAINTING MY VAN ?

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: ROLLER PAINTING MY VAN ?

Postby justin13e » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:44 am

I've rollered a few cheapo motors with good results and a definite improvement on what they were before, but If you roller use a mini roller and make sure you get good quality rollers and not cheap ones, they aren't that expensive really and it makes the difference between a good job or not, I don't think the paint matters too much, I've used all sorts.
But the prep is the key, a badly prepped surface will never look good whether sprayed or rollered.

I would definitely spray it.
justin13e

Postby morganlawrence » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Chug wrote:Yeah I've used matt black smooth masonry paint on bumpers and wheel arch covers, looks good and wears well. :lol:

Really? Mine are faded/grey and I really want them black. Considered spraying them but is risky if it looks like doo doo.

It worked ok? Any photos?
morganlawrence

Postby ned » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:20 pm

morganlawrence wrote:
Chug wrote:Yeah I've used matt black smooth masonry paint on bumpers and wheel arch covers, looks good and wears well. :lol:

Really? Mine are faded/grey and I really want them black. Considered spraying them but is risky if it looks like doo doo.

I’ve painted drain pipes and soil stacks with Matt black masonry paint, pliolite is resin based so should last longer
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Chug » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:09 pm

morganlawrence wrote:

No pics... I sold the van, but yes sandtex smooth works well and was still good 2 years after being applied when I sold it, a local lad painted his little corsa with it and that looked good too, I got the idea from a forum where a few recommended it.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Customising and one offs